PDA

View Full Version : Lyrcoris Desktop/LX Build 61 For YOU!!!

Chilling_Silence
04-01-2003, 04:11 PM
On this month cover disc for the Aussie PC User is Lycoris Desktop/LX Linux Build .61!

Also, next month is the full version of TGF (The Games Factory) for game creation made simple!

Dolby Digital
05-01-2003, 01:25 PM
Ah, but is it an ISO file or a bootable cd?

Chilling_Silence
05-01-2003, 02:14 PM
Bootable CD - Just insert it and boot off it and you're set. You can even start the installation from within windows!

I can safely say that its the best thing since Linux supported multiple users! :D ;)

The install is a breeze with solitare to play while its copying! Id like to see XP do that :-)

The GUI is so nice and straight forward. It has a Control Center (Control panel in windows). Browsing files/network is dead simple in the GUI!!

I would reccommend it to anybody who is interested in the sounds of linux, but is scared off by the idea of something that's fully new, this builds on the windows look to a certain extent, but is still Linux at heart :)

have a look and see...

I've had a few people ask me to do a mini-review of it?
Should I or would I be wasting my time if I were to post it in here..??

All up, Id say a 9 out of 10 coz it doesnt like my GF4 combined with my tempermental monitor :p

Cheers

Chilling_Silence

Susan B
05-01-2003, 03:53 PM
> I've had a few people ask me to do a mini-review of it?
> Should I or would I be wasting my time if I were to post it in here..??

No, I don't think you would be wasting your time Chill, there appears to be a LOT of people interested in Linux on this forum, including lots who want to try it, so I'm sure a review would be appreciated.

Chilling_Silence
05-01-2003, 10:13 PM
Okay then :-) Thanks for that encouraging note, I'll see what I can cook up tomorrow :-)

G'night all

bob_doe_nz
05-01-2003, 10:51 PM
hmm i should have scrolled down before making another post.