PDA

View Full Version : Combat flight sim 2 graphics problem

ChrisTate515
04-01-2003, 12:57 PM
Help!
i bought combat flight sim 2 last year and have hated it since because of the terrible graphics (triangles of all colors coming out of the top left corner of the screen)
I think it may be clashing with my graphics card (intel i810e hardwired)
My PC is a HP Pavilion and it has a 667 p3 chip and 189 meg of ram.
its well witin the specs on the box so wy wont it work?
the graphics card is sharing 11 megs of the systems ram.
Does this motherboars have an agp slot cos i think im gonna upgrade the graphics card to a geforce 3 asap if this thing dosent stop!
pleassee help meeee! ;)

segfault
04-01-2003, 02:31 PM
Have you tried looking for a patch for it? I remember there were a few games that had problems with intel chipsets.

godfather
04-01-2003, 02:37 PM
I will make a wild guess your computer type is HP 8624 and then no, it doesnt have an AGP slot.

Have you downloaded and installed the video drivers for the Intel 810?
There are available here (http://www.intel.com/design/software/drivers/platform/810.htm)

You must only use the driver for your operating system, which another wild guess would suggest is Windows 98SE

More specific info on your PC would help, as HP use different Motherboards for each model.

Craigb
04-01-2003, 09:54 PM
I have a borrowed copy of CFS2 to use to see if my system could handle it before I bought it. Its extreeeemly graphics hungry and my S3 Pro Savage (not the best for vid graphics by far) will only just handle it with all the display settings way down low.
Craig

nzStan
05-01-2003, 12:11 AM
Sorry laddie, you're not going to be able to play CFS2 without a graphic card (minimum GF2). Try http://www.southernwarbirds.com/ they are a bunch of hardcore Kiwis/Aussie CFS/CFS2/CFS3 players and they'll be able to tell you what you need to do to.

Danger
05-01-2003, 01:01 AM
Combat Flight simultar 2 is the reason I just spent $1200.00 plus setting up a new P4 2.4 Gaming machine with a Winfast A280 LE. I love this game, and I was only getting frame rates of between about 9 and 40 and it felt jerky on my P3 800 with a TNT video card. What really got me going was trying to play Americas Army on that system. Now I have wicked graphics with framerates between 40 and 200! And Americas Army is so cool too! I couldn't just fit another card of any quality as my motherboard only supported 1x2x agp, so was a big bottle neck. Since I had to upgrade the mb and card I went to P4 and ddr ram. And Optical mouse, network card, hard drive, modem, Psu, case, KVM switch, Nortons Ghost and six new games........owwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!............. ...

Then I had to buy a Kayak, just to balance things out:)

My dad actually flew Corsairs in the pacific in WWII. He's coming around tomorrow to show me how to fly them properly lol.