PDA

View Full Version : Modem Installation

chris x
01-01-2003, 11:11 PM
I am having trouble installing a modem, and have tried various drivers found on Driversguide.com. There are some jumpers which I am not sure how to set. Can any one tell me what "NS-PNP" and "RW-PNP" stand for, as this may help get the thing going.

Also if anyone has the driver for a Lectron H56RSP-AO this would also be appreciated.

Cheers
Chris

nz_liam
02-01-2003, 12:07 AM
I assume the brand and model of the modem is Lectron H56RSP-AO.

What type of modem is it, internal(PCI/ISA)/eternal(USB/Serial)?
Is it new/seccondhand?
Do you have the manafactures drivers or is it OEM?
What OS are you using?

Cheers

LIam

Steve Askew
02-01-2003, 09:00 AM
This is what Lectron have to say at their website

Q4: How can I get the new and correct modem driver for my system?
A4: You can check the barcode label on your modem and your gift-box.
1.Following the model name on the label. (ex.I56LVP) Download the new modem driver from our web site.
2.If you can't find the same model name from our web site. Write down your model name and e-mail to us. We will e-mail new driver to you as soon as possible

The following is email address to their customer service center.
fae@lectron.com.tw

hope they don't get spammed:D
cheers Steve

chris x
03-01-2003, 12:41 PM
The Modem is a second hand Lectron (Pragmatic) H56RSP-AO modem. It is an ISA modem. Win98SE recognises the modem and I have installed the drivers and it appears be configured okay, however if I go into Control Panel/Modem/Diagnostic/More Info it comes up with error message "Cannot open port". Any suggestions
Cheers Chris

roofus
03-01-2003, 12:55 PM
You most likely have your modem set to Com3 or Com4. However you will have not installed that communications port yet, as these are not loaded on by default in windows9x
Goto add hardware. And manually install a comm port from the list of hardware.
This should resolve your problem

Steve Askew
03-01-2003, 01:04 PM
Have you looked in Device manager to see if the modem has a conflict?
cheers Steve