PDA

View Full Version : NV30/35, DirectX 9.1

agent
01-01-2003, 03:35 PM
Does anyone know anything more about the upcoming nVidia GeForce 5 cards apart from what is in Decembers PC PowerPlay mag? From the pictures, it looks like quality will be very very good (3D object rendering in real-time, and with quality so fine you could almost swear it was real).

And does anyone here have DirectX 8.x or 9.x compatible graphics cards?

Lohsing
01-01-2003, 06:51 PM
> Does anyone know anything more about the upcoming
> nVidia GeForce 5 cards apart from what is in
> Decembers PC PowerPlay mag? From the pictures, it
> looks like quality will be very very good (3D object
> rendering in real-time, and with quality so fine you
> could almost swear it was real).

I know the range is called "GeForce FX" cards. A search online should point out a few sites.

> And does anyone here have DirectX 8.x or 9.x
> compatible graphics cards?

Asus GF4 Ti 4400.

Lo.

-=JM=-
01-01-2003, 07:19 PM
Well it's going to be called the GeForce FX last time I heard. No doubt it will be better than all other cards currently available as well.

I've got a MX 440 not fully DX8 compliant.

kiwistag
20-01-2003, 09:47 PM
Yeah, the MX series doesn't have true hardware T&L rendering but does have DVD Decoding. I suppose it was rather expensive to combine both as the Ti series doesn't have DVD Decoding but has Hardware T&L. It'll be interesting to see what the FX cards have, rumors have it it has a secondary output port that goes into a spare slot for venting.. Sounds similar to the Voodoo 5 way of things...

Chilling_Silence
20-01-2003, 09:56 PM
I dunno, but I installed DX9 over 8.1 on a Win2K Celeron 933Mhz with 64MB Shared VRam, and It made games a whole lot more playable!

DoD went from about 5FPS Max at 640x480 to about 30FPS @ the same res.

Very good :)

My 2 cents worth on DX9 anyways!

Cheers

Chilling_Silence

BootyLicious
21-01-2003, 12:03 AM
i read the a www.warp2search.net

GeForce FX Derivatives NV31 & NV34 Will Not Support All DirectX 9.0 Features

read this: http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/story.html?id=1042994509

BootyLicious
21-01-2003, 12:08 AM
i had put this to. from www.warp2search.net

Has Nvidia Bitten Off More Than It Can Chew?

ONE ALMOST WONDERS if the 3dfx technology Nvidia swallowed just over two years ago is now choking them on its way to market. First the GeForce FX was delayed. Then it was delayed again. Nvidia finally demoed the card at Comdex in November to what ultimately was a rather tepid reception.

If one strictly focused on Nvidia's own development, the card was a definite jump from the GeForce4 line, but compared to ATI's 9700 it tasted a bit like an also-ran. True, the GeForce FX does outpace the Radeon 9700 in some key areas, and yes, it will likely be faster-or-as-fast, but it certainly doesn't look like the ATI-killer many people expected.