PDA

View Full Version : OT - Happy New Year and a small resolution

robo
31-12-2002, 07:04 PM
Would like to wish everyone on F1 a happy new year, and suggest you go out and party and not hang around in front of a PC.

I like making New Year's resolutions. This year I want to buy less on the internet, eat no pies (even from the really nice pie shoppe down the road), possibly learn a new language (French or C++, haven't decided), and resinstall Windows on my PC.

Catch you next year.
robo.
PS Sorry - no prizes tomorrow.

DangerousDave
31-12-2002, 07:24 PM
Same here ppl,

lol i've started learning C++ and all i can say is bluergh, maybe french would be easier ;). Stupid pointers, apparently they are so usefull but so at the moment they seem so useless ;).

Well everyone have a happy new year, my resolution is to learn c++ well and start a decent amount of direct x. Also to learn about computer forensics, thats always interested me.

- David

Susan
31-12-2002, 08:22 PM
Happy New Year to you too robo, and everyone else on the forum. :-)

I've achieved several of this year's resolutions, one of them assembling The Beast and others being non-PC related.

This year I have two or three more non-PC related goals to achieve as well as the usual "learn and understand more computer stuff".

As for going out and partying -- bah! the non-geeks are all on holiday still. Besides, geeks are always more fun. ;-) :p :D

Dolby Digital
31-12-2002, 09:44 PM
Never been much of a party animal myself (read boring :p). Couldn't see the point of drinking yourself silly, making a fool of yourself and then waking up in the morning with a stinkin' headache and trying to work out where your money went.

What that.... thats what young people do in this culture. Must have missed out on that particular gene.

Think of all those people that don't have someone to celebrate new year with.

Happy new year and may the IT industry pick up next year so I can at least earn something!

csinclair83
31-12-2002, 10:14 PM
I've got a few non computer related resoultions that i have for 2003...
but computer related...i wanna do realllly well in my computer course which is for the first 6 mnths..

and I wanna lean something new...at this rate probably linux and c++ or something...

and also i wanna cut donw on my spending lol..i spend 2 much on computer stuff...i needa save..i needa savvvvvvve

mmm Happy New years Press f1..and u too Robo :-) and the rest of u everwhere else :D

Capt Jimbo
31-12-2002, 10:22 PM
Just spare a thought for us poor guys (and gals) that have no choice but to sit in front of their PC's tonight in order to keep the wheels of industry turning.
I wish one and all a safe and happy New Year.

Regards
Capt Jimbo

tweak\'e
31-12-2002, 11:33 PM
happy new year all. hope the next is even better ! :) party hard all !!

-=JM=-
31-12-2002, 11:45 PM
ummmmmm let me see.

ease back on some addictions: sugar, caffeine, forums, internet.
use linux more
study

Mike
01-01-2003, 01:02 AM
>>> PS Sorry - no prizes tomorrow.

What!!!??? I even made sure I gave the first proper answer (that I could see) of the new year :) what about the December prizes (other than the Christmas ones)? Or have you given those away already?:|

Ah well... There's always tomorrow LOL

hmmm... 1am - I suppose I should hit the sack :)

Have a good 2003 guys - and for anyone reading this that are still in 2002, well the new year isn't much different from the old one, but the fireworks were pretty cool :D

Mike.

tones_malones
01-01-2003, 11:07 AM
> Couldn't see the point of drinking yourself
> silly, making a fool of yourself and then waking up
> in the morning with a stinkin' headache

dammit....ooh being young and restless (and in a small isolated twenty acre block with 10 other friends on New Years Eve). I had no money to spend, ugh i'm not drinkin again in a hurry, well not until saturday :P

Happy New Years to all, my new years resoloution is to clean up the room where the computer is (this one'll make ma'm happy).

Tones Malones (slighty nausious after the drive home)