PDA

View Full Version : STAR

oldaddy76
30-12-2002, 10:47 AM
There is a STAR on the Favorites Folder..in 98SE .What does it mean?
Do Star Folders have any different rules for copying or drag and dropping.
A simple thing but I would like to know...

roofus
30-12-2002, 12:02 PM
No it just has a different icon for the folder so it is easier to identify when you want to search your hard drive.
The same goes for My Pictures folder.

tommy
30-12-2002, 01:03 PM
You can drag and drop your favorites folder to wherever you wish on your hard drive. It's a good idea to move it to where your other data is for quick and easy backups.

Chilling_Silence
30-12-2002, 01:23 PM
98 Doesnt have a My Pictures folder by default, but there are others, I think in the Windows Directory there's Downloaded Program Files and Offline WebPages (This is with IE6).

Im pretty sure they're different but perhaps not.

You can change it if you like, with Desktop Architect would be the easiest way. Do a Google search for Desktop Architect Download!

Its free!!

oldaddy76
31-12-2002, 12:03 PM
Thanks to those who have replied and to the multitude who have only read. Well I tried the DRAG & Drop and the Favourites Folder disappeared from the computer (apparently) I thought for about 2 days as I was unable to contact this site. MY favourite Folder read as My DOCUMENTS with seperate folders with nothing in them EXCEPT ONE. which I did not find till 10 minutes ago.
It was in my ALL in ONE File and completely hidden from the FIND search.
NOW restored to MY DOCUMENS FOLDER but I note that they are next to each other in Windows EXPLORER.
A simle lesson well learned.......