PDA

View Full Version : favourites

rabanfield
30-12-2002, 06:18 AM
I'm running win 98 se and would like to know if anyone knows how to save your favourites to a floppy or cd ( as a back up)

loftyboyd
30-12-2002, 08:52 AM
As an alternative I send them to www.mybookmarks.com it is a free service and it is good when you do a reformatt. Take a look at it...Cheers.Happy New Year..loftyboyd

Peter H
30-12-2002, 09:10 AM
Explorer - C - Windows - favourites folder. Copy to wherever you want them.
Bye

tommy
30-12-2002, 09:34 AM
Just browse to your Favorites folder (usually in the Windows folder), and drag it (or copy and paste) to your floppy disk or CD. If you need to restore it just copy it back from the floppy to the Windows folder.

It is actually a good idea to move your Favorites folder to the location where the majority of your data is in order to make backups quicker and ensure that the Favorites aren't forgotten. Just drag the folder to where you want it.

rabanfield
31-12-2002, 08:11 AM
thanks to you all and a happy new year

IanJ
31-12-2002, 08:42 AM
If your using IE 6 (and may 5 and above) you are able to export them. Choose file Import and Export and just follow the wizard. This feature also enables your to export your cookies.

IanJ

Danger
31-12-2002, 10:04 AM
Hi rabanfield, just done all the above to a new PC and Ians method proved the easiest and most successful for me. Just save to floppy and transfer to new PC. Also worked with opera. If transfering to a new browser, remember to first delete all the default bookmarks or you will end up with double ups.

Danger