PDA

View Full Version : Move command in "sendto"

roofus
29-12-2002, 03:06 PM
I want to set it up, so that when i download my mp3's to my incomplete folder that i select them then use the sendto option which appears with a right hand click, and then send them to my mp3 folder. I can get it to copy them, but i want to move them.

Can anybody tell me how to do this?

WinME is the OS of the month

Trev0
29-12-2002, 04:06 PM
Xteq from here (http://www.xteq.com/) (free) has that function I think

apperance>file&folders>anyfile>options 2

mikebartnz
29-12-2002, 04:22 PM
If that doesn't work use the right mouse button to drag them in explorer and choose move.

roofus
29-12-2002, 04:25 PM
Na i don't want programme to do it, just a command.

The comment to drag and drop is exactly what i want to avoid.

wotz
29-12-2002, 04:38 PM
Create a shortcut to the destination folder and paste it into the 'send to' folder. This is found in documents and settings, "user", for winxp, or in the windows folder for 95/98.

You will then have the destination folder show up when you right click, send to

mikebartnz
29-12-2002, 04:42 PM
If you want to use the send to menu item find the send to folder; in 98 etc it is under the windows folder but in 2k/xp it is under Documents and Settings; and right click using new shortcut and point towards the dir. Personally I find this as much trouble as the previous way mentioned.

Trev0
29-12-2002, 08:35 PM
xteq can do loads of other useful and interesting thing too....

I'm sure you'd find something else it could do worthwhile as well!

but if not then I could cut and paste the reg edit that does the trick for you, if that might help?

at the moment on my XP it has 'move to folder' and when clicked on goes to a browser box (that saves it's destination for next time) and then it just sends the lot to that folder

roofus
30-12-2002, 07:25 AM
Arghhh, no one is listening.

I already have my holder in the "sendto" folder in win98. The problem is it copies them. I want to move them.
I understand what your saying about the move to option under winXP, and i think its possible to have in win98 too. But i don't want to download a programme to achieve this, a reg edit may do it, but its driving around the forest for the sake of the trees.

Surely there is a command i can type into my shortcut that sits in the sendto folder that will MOVE my stuff.

Trev0
30-12-2002, 08:33 AM
oh

tommy
30-12-2002, 08:51 AM
If you are wanting to move files from one drive to another it may not be possible to move them rather than copy them without some kind of registry hack. In my experience files are always copied when being "moved" from one drive to another, whether it is between partitions, floppies or CDs.

Just an observation.

tommy
30-12-2002, 09:00 AM
I have just done an experiment. I created a shortcut in my Sendto right-click menu to a Documents folder and used the right-click sendto to send a file to that folder from another partition. It copied it, as I expected. However, by holding down Shift when doing this process it then MOVED the file to the folder instead of copying it. Is this what you are wanting to do?

roofus
30-12-2002, 12:06 PM
Yes thats what i wanted. Thanks Tommy for your help and answering my question