PDA

View Full Version : MS Office 2000 Pro

taylor
29-12-2002, 02:48 AM
Having experienced some operating problems with Microsoft Office 2000 Pro I resorted to uninstalling the program and attempted to reinstall. Disk 1 loaded without problem but when I attempt to reinstall Disk 2 I get the error message “The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation”
I am running Win 98SE on a PII system and have reinstalled Windows without making any difference to the problem. My system is not part of a network and to the best of my knowledge no Administrator privileges have been setup.
Any comments anyone?

duckyduck
29-12-2002, 09:54 AM
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;ja;JP269232

Ok, unless you can read Japanese ? the above link might be what you need. Sorry, my japanese is not good enough to translate the page.

I am unable to access at the moment the MS Knowledge Base in English but if you can go to Microsoft and use the 269232 as your search of the knowledge base you should be able to get the English version.

rugila
29-12-2002, 10:37 AM
What were the operating problems? Was there any reason to suppose they arose from an incorrect installation in the first place?
If it went wrong the first time for whatever reason (pirated version?), or even otherwise, Win98 tends to record stuff in its registry pertaining to the installation. This will not generally be overwritten if you reinstal windows, so the problem is likely to repeat over and over unless you track down its specifics.
Since the Microsoft knowledge base is currently not working fully in English, go to www.google.com and type in a couple of keywords like "Office 2000 98 installation problem". Probably a lot of people around the world have discussed this, and while a lot of what you will get is irrelevant there are always some nuggets to be gleaned.