PDA

View Full Version : Gta3's Loading don't work

Attaboy102
28-12-2002, 10:26 AM
Hi:

I don't know if you answer any questions or queries on games but I have one with GTA3, so here goes:

GTA3 runs quite perfectly on my computer because I have a decent Geforce2 graphics card and 256mb ram. But the problem is that after I saved a game and quit out of it, next time I go into it again and try to load my previous saved game, it gets stuck at the loading part, after a few second or more it automatically quit to windows(XP Pro), and the Task Manager comes up, under GTA3, which is already running, comes up "Unhandled Exception", what does this actually mean?

This happens every time I tried to load the game, I also tried saving at different stages but they still wouldn't work. it means that I can't continue from where i saved last, which is very frustrating.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Thank you!

Michael Qian

TazzieNZ
28-12-2002, 11:58 AM
Are you using a "legit" version of it ?? because it is known that the pirated version has issues with the save games ......

otherwise try updating to the latest patch for it

Support for the game is available @: Rockstar Games (http://www.take2games.com/index.php?p=support&product=121,3,Grand%20Theft%20Auto%203,PC,Rockstar _Games,gta3žion=issues&game_name=Grand%20Theft%20Auto%203)

Big John
28-12-2002, 01:23 PM
Rubbish the pirate version works just as well. ;\ Nah just kidding.

There was a problem mentioned in a post earlier with it not loading properly. You need to update one of the windows drivers. Do a search here and you should find the article.

segfault
28-12-2002, 06:43 PM
Yup, this is a known problem. You'll just need to download the patch.

Baldy
28-12-2002, 07:20 PM
That game should be banned

Attaboy102
28-12-2002, 08:49 PM
Hello,

your advise came quite useful, but one problem occured during my installation after downloading, my version is a pirated one which I downloaded off the net. When I am installing the patch it says that
"D:\Grand Theft Auto 3\exe: unknown version.

Is this because my one is a pirated?
Is there anywhen or any other download to get it to work?
Please email me back?

Thank you
Michael Qian

Baldy
28-12-2002, 09:25 PM
If you downloaded it off the net for free its a pirate copy.

Thats theft. You should be ashamed of yourself.

If someone in your family grew a whole lot of vegetables in your back garden, and just as they were ready to harvest, all your neighbours helped themselves without asking, you would ring the police and complain of theft.

Go and buy a copy of the disgusting game. At least you will have technical backup.

tango
29-12-2002, 08:37 AM
baldy, if you look past the "disgusting" part, it's a very fun game. not many games are made with gameplay as good as the gta games anymore.

there was a fix available for winXP. try searching your p2p network for "gta3 xp fix" or something similar, i know it's on kazaa. you could try www.megagames.com also. lemme know if you still have trouble

tommy
29-12-2002, 09:55 AM
Out of curiosity what is "disgusting" about this game? I'm not familiar with it.

Baldy
29-12-2002, 10:35 AM
Tango and Tommy

Oh well, any game that you get points for: Killing Police, Having sex with prostitutes and getting extra points for killing them with things like golf clubs, stealing property etcet.

No wonder society is so sick today

tommy
29-12-2002, 11:03 AM
Baldy: thanks for the enlightenment. I share your sentiments.

Big John
29-12-2002, 01:28 PM
Just my two cents but hey if you cant tell the difference between a game and real life then something is seriously wrong.
I enjoyed it as well but took it for what it was. A Game.

Beef
29-12-2002, 01:37 PM
I have a copied version and it runs alright on my;
AMD Duron 900 mhz
192 mb ram
3D Prophet 4000xt 32 meg

I have no prob with saved games

tango
29-12-2002, 01:44 PM
you don't "get points" for doing any of that. the point of the game is to do missions for people, and you can choose how you want to do it. I've seen people in Battlefield 1942 kill members of their own team just so they can get into a plane first. I think that's just as bad.

tango
29-12-2002, 01:47 PM
also, you don't get points for killing people in different ways (ie golf club, in fact there are no golf clubs in gta3). give the game a go before you go judging it.

Baldy
29-12-2002, 06:43 PM
NO THANKS!

I can't be bothered spending my time, playing crap like that. Or giving idots money for putting designing that crap into a game.

Big deal... its not a golf club.

tango
29-12-2002, 10:20 PM
well while you're making all your negative opinions on it, we'll be playing a great game, and getting a lot of enjoyment out of it. what's the point of living if you aren't happy? this is just one thing we have...i'm not gonna post anymore coz it ain't the place. sorry if we annoyed any mods etc.

-andrew

ps -

"...Or giving idots money..."

um, yeah...:P

Mark Veldhuizen
29-12-2002, 11:22 PM
I have GTA3, runs sweet, and is an EXCELLENT game.

Like the person above said, the point of the game is not to go and kill a policeman, etc.

You will see there is NEVER a mission where the point is to kill an innocent person or policeman. You shoot different mobsters, bomb different gangs, etc. Yes, most missions the police go after you, but you never have to kill them or even harm them.

There are no golf clubs. You are referring to a baseball bat. You can get "money" by killing them because most people carry money, and if u beat somebody (anybody) they drop money. The game never "encourages" it and you will only ever find out about it by tryng it, which makes you as guilty as the game designers.

now, apart from golf and a few boring games like that, you can take any game and be evil in it. You can even say your rewarded for it. Take Jedi Knight (1), you can kill the civilians and stray towards the darkside, which, in some peoples opinions, have better force powers.

OMG JEDI KNIGHT = TEH DEVIL!!!

And in multiplayer you could kill a teammate, take their backpack. OMG REWARDED FOR IT!!

Yes i AM exeagerating, i KNOW gta3 is a little violent, but i have to exagerate because thats what YOU are doing.

I think its a brilliant game because its the furhtest you can get from a linear game. You can do a million things in huge cities.

VIVA LA GTA3!!!
(and i am awaiting the day Vice City is out for PC)

tango
30-12-2002, 08:19 AM
hey yeah do you know at all when it is coming out? if it is coming out? there is nothing on the rockstar site about it yet. i can't wait either :P

Baldy
30-12-2002, 12:09 PM
I can't wait for Midtown Madness 3 myself

tango
30-12-2002, 09:35 PM
MM3??! that'll be sweet, I finally have a computer good enough to run it :P

Big John
31-12-2002, 03:02 AM
> I can't wait for Midtown Madness 3 myself

Well thats a bit of double standards. It sounds like it is not okay to go out and break the law as far as killing cops etc as you put it but it is okay to go out a speed around towns and crashing into many things which if done in reality would kill people just as bad as GTA3

phylip
31-12-2002, 02:00 PM
the game shouldn't be banned there should be no banning of software or even movies
who are these people who think they are better than all of us to tell us what we can and cannot play or watch

and what is worse getting your aggression out on a game or doing it to your wife and kids

we have artistic freedom in this country or we are supposed to but hats not what the religious freaks want they think they are right in everything that they do
but they should also think what if the bible or the koran or what ever religious reading they prefer to live off have all had the first page missing
and that page reads

all characters in this book are purely fictitious any similarity to any persons living or dead is coincidental and not based on any fact be it person time or date

Baldy
31-12-2002, 05:52 PM
> > I can't wait for Midtown Madness 3 myself
>
> Well thats a bit of double standards. It sounds like
> it is not okay to go out and break the law as far as
> killing cops etc as you put it but it is okay to go
> out a speed around towns and crashing into many
> things which if done in reality would kill people
> just as bad as GTA3

No its not double standards. All I was saying that I thought GTA was disgusting for the reasons I gave earlier.

And in Midtown Madness, you actually loose if you don't drive properly - and there is no stipulation that you HAVE to speed.

I actually prefer to play puzzle games.

skater14822
06-01-2005, 03:01 PM
GTA3 runs quite perfectly on my computer because I have a decent Geforce2 graphics card and 256mb ram. But the problem is that after I saved a game and quit out of it, next time I go into it again and try to load my previous saved game, it gets stuck at the loading part, after a few second or more it automatically quit to windows(XP Pro), and the Task Manager comes up, under GTA3, which is already running, comes up "Unhandled Exception", what does this actually mean?

This happens every time I tried to load the game, I also tried saving at different stages but they still wouldn't work. it means that I can't continue from where i saved last, which is very frustrating.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Prescott
06-01-2005, 03:26 PM
man, honestly do you really need to drag up a thread that is like 3 years old???
if you want some help post a new thread,

any way, have you got the latest patches

johnboy
06-01-2005, 10:31 PM
there are a few patches at this site
http://compactiongames.about.com/library/games/gta3/blgta3patches.htm