PDA

View Full Version : unreal drama

Ron Bakker
27-12-2002, 09:20 PM
I am still a bit stuck with my unreal T 2003.
A great game but it's still a bit stuttery. I have made changes on the video card settings changing the amount of systems memory from 63mb to 100 but that does not seem to work.
When I first installed the card I used the driver that came supplied with the card but then when I installed unreal2003 it recomended to load the driver that came with the game.
I have also checked in my bios that the hard drive has been set to 33?66/100 ata.
& my system should have enough grunt.
Spec:triplex ti4200 64mb ddr,2ghzp4,ga-8srx mobo, wd se 80 gig 8mb cache hd,512mb ddr333 bga kingmax ram. Running win 98se.
Oh the hard road to gamiing utopia:_|
Quite a juicy machine I thought.

tweak\'e
27-12-2002, 09:45 PM
i would try the lateest nvidia det drivers.

what sound card do you have ?

>I have also checked in my bios that the hard drive has been set to 33?66/100 ata

???? what is it set on?

really need to some testing and see what part of the pc is slowing it up (if any). sisoft sandra is not to bad for that.

there is heaps of tweeks for 98 that can help.

>I have made changes on the video card settings changing the amount of systems memory from 63mb to 100 but that does not seem to work.

i didn't know there was any, execpt for pci mode which dosn't matter at all with a agp card.

Ron Bakker
27-12-2002, 09:59 PM
In my bios It just gives you two options of (auto) or (33/66/100)
The sound is on board Creative pci 128 sound
& as for the last one I think your right about the pci thing.
Is that just there if one was to use a pci video card or something.
Thanks for the repy Tweake:)
I have a copy of nortons utilities here some where would that be any good for diagnosing my set up.