PDA

View Full Version : Sick at work

Mike
27-12-2002, 09:06 AM
What to do - here I am, two days after Christmas, at work, as sick as a sick person, while my family (wife, daughter, mother, father, sister, brother-in-law, brother, brother's girlfriend, brother's girlfriend's daughter) all go off adventuring and picnicing and beaching for the day.

So my PC related question is: well not really PC related, but my question is what can I do to make the day go faster, more enjoyable, and less painful?

Hoping everyone else is having a great day though :D

Mike.

E.ric
27-12-2002, 09:32 AM
What kind of sick are you ? if it is not a personnel question,

One day on my way into work my nose started dripping like a leaky tap, so I went for a jog up "One tree hill" (about 10am at this stage) and never had any more trouble, I think going to bed is the worse thing you can do.

Jen C
27-12-2002, 09:32 AM
Poor Mike!

Take a sachet of lemsip and then go and have a snoze in the supply cupboard - don't forget to set an alarm for home time first.

Or even better - take sick leave, go home and surf away on the PC in the nice quite household as everyone is out of the house today!! :D

Clueless
27-12-2002, 09:33 AM
1. Fix something
2. Install Linux, and learn it. That should contructively consume a couple of hours.
3. Answer questions on PF1

.Clueless

E.ric
27-12-2002, 09:41 AM
tell me Jen C what part of Auckland would you be in?

Jen C
27-12-2002, 09:51 AM
> tell me Jen C what part of Auckland would you
> be in?

36.85S 174.54E :p

kiwibeat
27-12-2002, 10:07 AM
Stay warm get lots of rest and drinks heaps of honey manuka and lemon juice in hot water also eat lots of crystaline ginger, all therse things help me to get better faster .

rugila
27-12-2002, 10:11 AM
Get another job - preferably a massively paid IT one with minimal work and maximal time off - for the beach, R and R, and all other goodies.

tango
27-12-2002, 10:18 AM
if you work at a computer, while the boss isn't looking go to google and search for:

funny things to do in the office
funny things to do in a lecture
fun things to do in a final exam

and so on...:D

E.ric
27-12-2002, 10:19 AM
> > tell me Jen C what part of Auckland would
> you
> > be in?
>
> 36.85S 174.54E :p

xx.85S very strange?
one could be busy at
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/latlong.adp
I have my location now.

Heather P
27-12-2002, 12:44 PM
Some people are never satisfied.

Mike, think back to the 25th October and consider this statement: "Any details of any possible work would be appreciated." (Who said that??)

I know, if you're bored you can do a search of Press F1 - "Mike work wanted desperately"

<The beach, thats a good idea, now... where's the dog? "Caza, shall we go out?".... Woof!>

Mike
27-12-2002, 12:50 PM
>>> Some people are never satisfied.

Who's not satisfied?

>>> I know, if you're bored you can do a search of Press F1 - "Mike work wanted desperately"

I'm not bored, Heather, I'm sick... sick as a dog (or whatever the saying is), and so working is miserable at the moment - in fact everything is miserable at the moment :( My head feels like it's got about 3 axes stuck in it, wiggling around just to annoy me slightly more. So I wasn't in here asking for things to do cause I was bored, I was more asking for ideas on how to make the day go faster when you feel terrible :)

I hope you had a good Christmas :D

Mike.

crozier
27-12-2002, 02:35 PM
>I'm sick... sick as a dog (or whatever the saying is), and so working is miserable at the moment - in fact everything is miserable at the moment My head feels like it's got about 3 axes stuck in it, wiggling around just to annoy me slightly more.

Mike, you shouldn't be at work at all. You cannot perform your duties the way you're feeling. Worst of all you're more than likely spreading your germs throughout the workplace. Stop being a martyr, go home and stay there until you're fit for work. Sleeping make the day go pretty fast.

Clueless
27-12-2002, 03:19 PM
>sick as a dog

I was talking to my dog about this post, She looked at me breathed very deeply as she does when having to put up with human stupidy, and said, "When did you last see me sick? and what happened? I sneezed twice... Stupid human expression"

This, rather surprised me as i thought she was still being a prize ***** and not talking to me.

.Clueless

Baldy
27-12-2002, 06:13 PM
Mike.

Stones Green Ginger Wine. The ehole bottle!

BALDY:-)

Heather P
27-12-2002, 07:51 PM
Sorry Mike, thought you was sick at the thought of the family off at the beach whilst you were stuck at work.

Lets see, you were sick in October just before starting this job. Did you get over it properly or has it lingered since then? I'd suggest heading to the local chemist and finding a good tonic to boost the immune system.

The dog and I didn't actually go to the beach - we went round to my father's house to poke fun at the blind. My brother, the kids and I bought Dad "Dragon Naturally Speaking" for Christmas. Today I installed it and helped him train the dragon. I'd warned him that a program like this will take vision to get it going! There were some quite funny results.