PDA

View Full Version : privacy

Ron Bakker
26-12-2002, 09:56 PM
I'm starting a local spearfishing news letter & I don't want to have all the mail recipients addresses showing to the other recipients. For privacy reasons but I didn't find the help on outlook very helpful.
Any comments would be would be of much joy.

duckyduck
26-12-2002, 10:04 PM
What you want is the BCC - Blind Carbon Copy - feature in Outlook.

Open a New Message in OE, then click View on that New Message toolbar and tick the option All Headers. This will give you on every message the To, CC, and BCC boxes.

Click on the address book beside the BCC box on that new message and using your control key select the names you want to send to, then click the BCC tab to get all those names into the BCC window, OK and then carry on writing your message as normal.

Pauline
26-12-2002, 10:08 PM
Hi Ron,
You should be able to put all the names in the 'BCC' line. This works fine in Outlook Express 5. No need to use the 'To' line.
If you are using 'Outlook' you might have to click on the 'options' tab to show up the 'BCC' line
Pauline.

Ron Bakker
26-12-2002, 10:14 PM
Thanks guys;)

Steve_L
30-12-2002, 06:17 AM
Is there a limit to the number of entries using BCC, with Microsoft email platforms? If your club membership is large, then you can distribute your mail using the world's best email platform: Pegasus Mail, freeware, developed right here in NZ. Also, by not using a Microsoft product, there is a 99% chance of avoiding all the virus - hacker problems. Cheers - Steve

Steve_L
30-12-2002, 06:20 AM
Forgot to mention that a much easier way is to create a Newsletter Email Group, using YahooGroups. The URL is http://groups.yahoo.com

You will have to register as a member - easy and takes only a few minutes. Just follow the directions on the site. Millions of people use YahooGroups and so it is a user friendly site.