PDA

View Full Version : "Alerts"

csinclair83
26-12-2002, 09:57 PM
I just wondeering if theres anything thats downloadable (without adware) that i could use..like as a diary thingy...to remind u of things? say if u want to remember something on tv in 2 weeks time...and ur using the computer quite often or like every day for a small time..u could have a alert popup reminding u once a day or something that u gotta see that program...or gotta pay something by then...

is there anyhting? if yes...where

many thanx

chris

Baldy
26-12-2002, 10:15 PM
There is something called "Corkboard" Its a bit like a screensaver, with all sorts of interesting bits and bobs. Search on Google for it. Its free.

Another thing you could consider is a ball-point pen and diary.

BALDY:-)

Pauline
26-12-2002, 10:25 PM
Outlook has a calendar where you can put in things that you need to remember.
Pauline.

csinclair83
26-12-2002, 10:30 PM
thats in outlook xp or something? i using outlook 6...aint going newhere near upgrading...

pen and paper....wont do me ne good lol...

duckyduck
26-12-2002, 11:10 PM
Outlook is a Calendar and Time Managerment Feature found as part of the office suite.

www.mycorkboard.com/ this is the link for Corkboard mentioned in a earlier reply.

Try a search at tucows as well. They might have a free or shareware version of something to meet your needs.

Iris
27-12-2002, 07:44 AM
For what it's worth I am using Windows 98SE and have MS Works which has a calendar you can fill in and set to alert you for up to a week before the date you want. When you start up the computer the reminder pops up.

Or you could try Sticky Notes www.tech-pro.co.uk

Bob Kehely
27-12-2002, 09:13 AM
Gidday,

There is a small free no ads program called prorem at
www.download.com that will do the trick. you set the reminders, and it
pops up to tell you when the time comes

Cheers,
Bob

Clueless
27-12-2002, 09:23 AM
If you run ICQ on doze (i assume you are running a version of doze) you might get what you need from the "To do" list functions.

If your running a version of Linux there should be an overwelming list of possibilitys for personal time management.

Personally i find a $10 diary does me for the year!

.Clueless

mikebartnz
28-12-2002, 02:11 AM
If you don't like what you may have found I actually created a program that would pop up each time you booted with any alerts. If you want it post your spam box email address appropiately altered so that you don't receive any more spam but I will know.