PDA

View Full Version : Post anything you like here to be eligible to win a Christmas Day prize

robo
25-12-2002, 06:35 AM
Well, I want to go open my presents, and so do my kids, and my creative juices have run dry (some would ask what's new).

Just post anything here and this afternoon I will be Santa. Prize allocation will be utterly random.

Merry Christmas.

robo.

Jakeb
25-12-2002, 06:42 AM
Merry Merry Christmas to one and all. The kids have wripped into Santas sacks and the house is well awake at 6.45 am.
We wish you all the best for the rest of the day.

JakebR.

JoGiles
25-12-2002, 06:46 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone out there in NZ...

I'm jealous - I'm stuck in Europe now, so you'll all be ripping into your pressies round about now (6:42am (NZ) - if you have children) and at a decent hour if you don't.

Unfortunately for me I'm staying on a farm with many a youngin', so an early morning for me is on the cards.

Anyways, Can't wait to get back to the summer of NZ.

Merry Christmas all,
Jo Giles

godfather
25-12-2002, 07:02 AM
Merry Christmas all.

Me - TWO Lumps of coal this year! :( :_|

Baldy
25-12-2002, 07:02 AM
Merry Xmassssssssssssssssssss Everyone!

Hope you all have an excellent day and that Santa has been especially kind to everyone.

I am spending the day with my kids at a seaside "resort" close to Haggis Land, but will look forward to catching up with everyone at PressF1 later this afternoon when I get home. If I can fit behind the steering wheel after all the yummy nosh!

Take care everyone. Regards, BALDY:-)

cyberchuck
25-12-2002, 07:07 AM
Merry Christmas PressF1

ah.. um... yeah... ?:|

Hope it's all good and you all have a Happy New Year

hmm.. yeah... well that's it from me :p

Cya all Next year

CyberChuck

Steve Askew
25-12-2002, 07:13 AM
Merry Christmas to Everyone.
It's been an early start for me today as one of my 4yr old son's (he's a twin)woke me at 3.30am to tell me santa had left a present on the end of his bed & it took another hour for him to go back to sleep.
The pair of them woke just before 7am & it was great to see the looks on the faces of these excited little boys. That will definitly be the best present I will get today.

Cheers Steve :)

vk_dre
25-12-2002, 07:23 AM
Merry Christmas & a happy new year to everyone.

I woke up to find that my sister had ratchet and clank, after she had been begging for it since it came out. She was delighted, well i don't have any pressies yet.

Once again merry christams to all.

crozier
25-12-2002, 07:29 AM
>Me - TWO Lumps of coal this year

That'll keep you nice and warm down south GD ;)

It's 7.28am and my 7 year old is still asleep! Kids today - I just can't make them out ;)

Happy Christmas EVERYone!!!!

Neil McC
25-12-2002, 07:47 AM
Happy Christmas to all.Still waiting for our 2 year old granddaughter to wake up,so we can start opening the presents. :_|
Have a neat day with your families.

Baldy
25-12-2002, 07:58 AM
> >Me - TWO Lumps of coal this year
>
> That'll keep you nice and warm down south GD ;)
>

It suffices Crozier. We rely on the heat from our computer cases down here!

Merrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Xmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas !

Mark Veldhuizen
25-12-2002, 08:08 AM
merry christmas to all :D

i got up a half hour ago to my mother squawking to open the presents, and i did, and its all good. Got me a rip curl wallet, an "Indpendent Truck Company" belt for my jeans, an optical mouse, a book. Oh and one of my presents I got early, a laptop ;)

And now sad to say, another present altho not techincally XMAS, i'm off to france for a year or so leaving first week of January. But this site shall remain bookmarked as this is honestly the most helpful computer website in existence...u never have to wait more than 15 minutes before some kind individual answers your plea of needed help.

MERRY XMAS & A HAPPY N00 YEAR

olldaddy76
25-12-2002, 08:11 AM
Merry CHRISTMAS
We have our prize.... some of our GRANDCHILDREN are with us here now and today we will see More as well as OUR CHILDREN.....
Best wishes for a HEALTHY and Happy 2003....

Peter H
25-12-2002, 08:13 AM
Must be getting old !! Who are "Ratchet & Clank" ?
Merry Xmas to all
Bye

NathanTheKind
25-12-2002, 08:16 AM
My Best Christmas Present that I have got has to be waking up and knowing that Jesus lives and that he died for me. That Most of my family are all here to help celebrate this supernatural day.

and least I forget knowing that I can here for a good read and help if I need it. Merry Christmas everyone. (oh did I mention I also got and Xbox! :))

-=JM=-
25-12-2002, 08:17 AM
Well I'm making a post. :)

Merry Christmas everyone, hope you like what you got and enjoyed spending time with people.

sam m
25-12-2002, 08:20 AM
MERRY XMAS to all,
Kids have opened all theire pressies (and tried to open some not theirs, lol) .
Hope everyone has a lovely day. Looks like BBQ weather in Hamilton so I hope that it is fine all over the country. Nothing worse than hyper kids stuck inside due to poor weather with all those noisy pressies ;).

Seasons greetings to all.

sam m

Jen C
25-12-2002, 08:22 AM
Merry Christmas to all PressF1'ers and their families.

Blue sky and sunshine (currently), what more could you ask for Christmas day. Today I will be confined to a non-PC household so I thought I'd better get in earlier for this post.

Christmas day means to me spending time with all your family, a full roast Christmas lunch with all the trimmings, having to listen to Christmas Pan Flute music over and over and over again, overseeing the cooking of the veges so that my Mother does not boil them to mush again, and eating/drinking way too much - looking forward to it! :D

\ /
_\/ \/_
_\-'"'-/_
(_, ,_)
| e e |
| |
'-. | _ | .-'
--= |((@))| =--
.-' `._|_.' '-.

Cheers everyone!

Jen :-)

Mike
25-12-2002, 08:23 AM
>>> Prize allocation will be utterly random

Well my thread obviously wasn't good enough, so I'll post again :)

I got the atlas I've been wanting for ages. :D

Oh that's right! We also got a flatscreen 21" nice TV as well, but that was a while ago, but we decided it'd be our Christmas present, as it was kind-of expensive :)

Merry Christmas all :)

Mike.

Terry Porritt
25-12-2002, 08:24 AM
Merry Christmas to all,
We havent opened our pressies yet, but as the weather is soo bad, I dont think the dogs will be taken out this morning, so they have had their chewstick presents already:)

Enjoy

Mike
25-12-2002, 08:29 AM
I almost forgot... I got another present yesterday, but it's the type you don't want for Christmas... ever... from anyone... :(

I got the Flu :( and now I feel awful :( hopefully it doesn't ruin the day too much for me :)

hope nobody else got the same present as me this year!

(miserable) Mike.

Mark Veldhuizen
25-12-2002, 08:32 AM
Nathan, u got an xbox? kickass i want an xobx! get any games with it? u need Halo and Gotham and Time Spitters 2 and OH SO MANY GOOD GAMES.

I aint religious but good to see u happy.

Pauline
25-12-2002, 08:36 AM
Merry Christmas Everyone,
The rest of the family are still in bed (2 of them being teenagers so what do you expect) but I'll get them up soon. Too much to drink last night is husbands excuse. Me, well I had to make some finger food to take to my sister in laws for lunch. Lovely day here in Chch. The sun's out full blast already.
Pauline.

Danger
25-12-2002, 08:43 AM
Merry christmas from my new grunter. Just about everythings working fine (I won't bother you with my questions today) but you should see me fly through Amercas Army now!:)

aimhigh
25-12-2002, 08:44 AM
Xmas is not just for little kids all us (semi) grown-ups enjoy it as well. No pressies but lotsa family and fun.

Have a great day one and all.
:-)

wuppo
25-12-2002, 08:47 AM
Merry Christmas everyone. <Jen C> How could you even think about a roast meal on a wonderfully hot Auckland day like today. For us, it's a Summer Christmas, with a 'cold' lunch (and of course, something to eat as well :D )

baldynz
25-12-2002, 08:48 AM
up at six am, 9 yr old just couldnt wait any longer,(been awake since 5am), merry xmas everyone..........

csinclair83
25-12-2002, 08:54 AM
Wow! all these cooooooool pressies :-)
Mmm i got a computer game and a new mobile phone yay :-)...and actually still havent opened presents under the tree....Mum and kids have taken off to church..so we opening them when they get home...

I'm thankful for presents :-) but I am more thankful that I am actually able to spend a whole christmas(and including the couple days b4 and after...) with my family and extended family as well... so i can say thats the best present i've got...spending time with the family that i've not done over the last few xmas (have not been living at home, or was overseas at the time)......

So hope everyone can take a moment to see how lucky they are :-) with wat they have got...and who they are actually spending xmas with :-)

Merry Christmas :-)
God Bless

Chris

csinclair83
25-12-2002, 08:57 AM
by the way the weather down here in Feilding is not that bad, just nice and cool and nothing to get hot and all tempered over (parents and kids...getting up at 5am...eek) tells me (a teenager here) that kids are good but....5am on xmas day tthank god its only once a year...well easter mm and birthday..ok thats 3 times a year hehe...I got woken up at 7am to put a netball hoop up for my sister....told her that we gotta get some screws and a pole for the edge of the driveway, and mmmm have already had a soccer game with my bro on the back lawn...chocolate coins..all gone (i wonder if the coke machine would have accepted them if i didnt eat them)...

Just thought i'd add what i've been up to...as well as my other thread :-)

Merry Christmas once again

TazzieNZ
25-12-2002, 09:01 AM
Well I will chuck in my 1/2 of a bbq ......

>> Hey if any1 else got the other 1/2 let me know LOL <<

Merry Xmas

DangerousDave
25-12-2002, 09:03 AM
Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA just got woken up, by the stragtegic attack by my little brothers and the dog :S apparently i sleep too much ;).

Looks like its going to be a great day, well in auckland anyways. And at last i get to see my niece and older brother which i havn't seen it ages. Hopefully we can all get out into the sun rather than camping around the computer waiting for prizes ;).

lol for the first time in who knows how long in how long, my brothers are busily camping out in front of the christmas tree instead of the computer which gives me good access to it. YAH.

Well I hope everyone here has a merry christmas (not too much bubbly ;)) and a very happy new year. Hopefully Press F1 will continue to grow as much as it has this year and I will continue to learn much more via this forum. And hopefully :D help many more people.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year Press F1'er's !!!!!

- David

Billy T
25-12-2002, 09:16 AM
Merry Christmas to all.

Don't forget to check out the Christmas fairy tale a little down the post list.

Cheers

Billy *<8-{) :D

robo
25-12-2002, 09:18 AM
Ratchet and Clank rocks!

You get all these cool gadgets. Me and my son have played right through it twice, about 70 hours of gaming time. We've found all the golden bolts and have about 31 of 40 skill points. All weapons, including RYNO.

You can ask for tips here.

robo.

John W
25-12-2002, 09:31 AM
Merry Xmas to all

We told our kids 8-10-12 not to get up unitl 8am, it worked, so we had a sllep in till oh 7:30 or so.

Wall to wall blue sky down here, the best weather Ive seen form the NZ Webcams Ive looked at this morning.

Thanks to those who assisted me on this page throughout the year, best wishes & see you again in 03.

Cheers.............John in sunny Dunedin.

csinclair83
25-12-2002, 09:34 AM
mmm talking of sunny..
its jsut decided to pour down here...and yeah its steady....and yup for those down below..or above us here in feilding there is wind...so u might be expect something later today...
Sorry! but dont let it spoil ya day :-)

Merry Xmas

duckyduck
25-12-2002, 09:34 AM
A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all F1'ers and there families.

Best Christmas present...............mum and dad travelling with us and staying with us for a months holiday.

Must go.

Merry Xmas All. Be Safe. Be Good.

Bambi
25-12-2002, 10:22 AM
Merry hic Christmas everyone hic

Thanks for all your help everyone has been great and Heather P a big thankyou for time and being so patient with me.

Have a good one everyone and don't drink too much. No I take that back drink as much as you want, you can even drink my share I'm giving up :)

Miami Steve
25-12-2002, 10:23 AM
Merry Xmas to everybody. I have just sneaked away from the carnage that is my 3 children deciding which Xmas present to play with for the next 5 minutes.:^O

All the best to you all for the New Year.

Cheers
Miami

tones_malones
25-12-2002, 10:25 AM
hey everyone...merry christmas and since this thread will be huge i'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone for their help this year :D:D dunno what'd i'd do without all of your wisdom and wit!!

Enjoy the day, it only happens once a year!!!!

Peace, love and g33k will

Tones Malones

PS: i got this nifty digital camera, its sooo much fun!! (once i figured out where the memory card went in :P~, thought i might have to post a new thread to ask hehehe)

Pollly
25-12-2002, 10:26 AM
> Just post anything here and this afternoon I will be
> Santa.

Hey guys, it's still Christmas Eve here! :( All my prezzies are still sitting in the wrapping paper under the Christmas tree.....Ooops I mean in Santa's big sack.

Me and my dog (http://community.webshots.com/photo/53503956/57347853RmSOVl) wish all you Antipodeans a Very Happy Christmas from Tulip Land

Pollly :)

Kiwitas
25-12-2002, 10:29 AM
Merry Xmas to all from a wintery South,

My best pressie was the joy I got from watching the expressions
of two of my grandchildren as they opened their gifts.

Have a beaut festive season,
Cheers,Kiwitas,;-)

J ZEP
25-12-2002, 10:34 AM
:-) "Merry Xmas to all" - I hope everybody has a fun family day, and for any of us driving to and from family be sure to drive safely out there :-)

We aren't really doing pressies this year as such (no children), but upgraded the puter a month back as our early pressie. We are off to see our nephew and give him his pressies soon, which is a real buzz for us and makes the day. The weather down here in the manawatu isn't that great - cloudy and showers so far, but at least its cool, I hate it when its too hot!!

Have a great day everybody :-)

fergie
25-12-2002, 10:41 AM
MERRY XMAS TO ALL!!!
HO HO HO!
lol
i got a new hardrive, i got a new hardrive, i got a new hardrive hey hey hey! (singing in little rascles "i got a pickle" tune)
Also, i got the SW Ep 2 DVD, so i better not win that :p

hope everyones has a great day!

Elephant
25-12-2002, 10:45 AM
Merry Christmas to all from the centre of the North Island.

I was off to work at 5:00 am but got an early mark so I'm home now.

Just me here ( and the cat )!

Means I can sit here and field any questions I can answer on PressF1 for those that can't get their Christmas presents to work. :-)

Mandy Fisher
25-12-2002, 10:47 AM
Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all do something special today. My son got me up at 6:30am, so I feel as though I'd love to go back to bed already.

My son was very happy with what Santa brought him this year (a Storm Hopper) its a remote control car thing. Very fast and does jumps etc. I'm sure you would all enjoy it as much as my son.

I got a new computer chair, very comfortable I must say, its great it means I can sit longer at the computer and not get an aching back!!!
(Better than the dining room chair I've been perched on.)
Mandy

BIFF
25-12-2002, 10:56 AM
ho ho ho!

http://www.kerb.co.uk/xmas

Roseyglow
25-12-2002, 11:02 AM
I`m upset!!!!
Santa didn`t listen to me!!

I wanted a bike---beyblade---remote control car---skateboard---dolls pram---barbie doll--- WHICH ONE OF YOU F 1`s TOLD SANTA I AM 55 YEARS OLD!!! SPOILSPORTS!!

Dunno Anon
25-12-2002, 11:03 AM
ENABLING TECHNOLOGY: Although no known species of reindeer can fly, there are 300,000 living organisms yet to be classified, and while most of these are insects and germs, this does not COMPLETELY rule out flying reindeer which only Santa has ever seen.

TARGET POPULATION: Discounting all Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist children, Santa reportedly serves 378 million Christian kids, nearly 15% of the planets 2 billion children. At an average census of 3.5 children per household, presuming at least one good child in each, that's 91.8 million homes.

DELIVERY CONSTRAINTS: Assuming a delivery strategy optimized for different time zones and the rotation of the earth, Santa travels east to west for 31 hours of Christmas, making 822.6 visits per second. This means Santa has about 1/1000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get up the chimney and back into the sleigh and proceed to the next house.

VELOCITY: Assuming, for the purposes of calculation, that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth, we are now talking about .78 miles per household, over 75.5 million miles. Santa's sleigh moves at 650 miles per second or 3000 times the speed of sound. The Ulysses space probe, our fastest man-made vehicle, pokes along at 27.4 miles per second, and conventional reindeer run 15 miles per hour tops.

LOADING FACTORS: Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium-sized, 2 pound lego set, the sleigh is carrying 321,300 tons, not counting portly Santa. On land, conventional reindeer can pull 300 pounds. Granting "flying reindeer" (see point #1) pull TEN TIMES that amount, we need 214,200 reindeer. This increases the payload--without the sleigh--to 353,430 tons, four times that of the Queen Elizabeth.

CHALLENGES: 353,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance, heating the reindeer up in the same fashion as spacecraft reentering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 quintillion joules per second...each. Therefore, Santa's reindeer must have a special capability which keeps them from bursting into flames almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them whilst creating deafening sonic booms in their wake. Otherwise, the entire reindeer team will be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second.

Meanwhile, Santa must successfully deal with centrifugal forces 17,500 times greater than gravity, which, even at a trim 250-pounds, would pin Santa to the back of the sleigh with 4 million pounds of force.

CONCLUSION: If Santa ever DID deliver presents on Christmas Eve, he's either go one hell of an engineering team, or he's dead now!

Roseyglow
25-12-2002, 11:18 AM
Biff

I sent your Christmas message all around the world---any more where that came from???

Where do you find these great sites??

segfault
25-12-2002, 11:31 AM
Merry Christmas to all!

Drive safely :)

agent
25-12-2002, 12:09 PM
You mean I can drive?! It's my dream come true!!! ;)

Merry Christmas everyone.

I suppose I must say one of my favourite presents was a USB ProDrive. No longer do I have to get out my CD-RW to cart around reasonably small files. I can use my trusty (haven't tried it yet to be honest) USB ProDrive. Next on my top list must be Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising - 830 pages of very good reading (dad said it'd keep me off the computer for a while, somehow I doubt that :D)

Agent

merlin-nz
25-12-2002, 12:09 PM
Hi all and a very happy christmas,

Kids all grown up and left home so paid a visit to the grand kids and watched them open there pressies.
Hell they get heaps these days (sigh).
Anyway I got me and the missus a 3 burner bar b q that I been wanting for a few years now, but the wheather ain very nice for b b qing.
But the best present an old dog could have is the smiles on the grand kids faces when we gave them a few secondhand pressies (20 year old robot and some play kitchen stuff).
You know I think they enjoyed them more than the modern day stuff (u can beat the older toys).

Cheers everyone and have a nice day and an even happier new year.

merlin-nz on a Linux box ;-)

Clueless
25-12-2002, 12:38 PM
:D :D :D
A friend of mine was born 1:00am this morning, and that was something to celebrate this morning...

Happy Birthday those born today!

.Clueless

~~~~~ s y ~~~~~
25-12-2002, 12:53 PM
Merry Christmas to everybody, friends and their family!

Looks like the weather here in Auckland is much better than most other places. The sun is shining, the download speed is lighting. What a typical New Zealand Christmas.

I got a D-link ADSL router all hooked up going. Many others bits and pieces from some very nice neighbours. Too many too name.

Anyway, hope everyone will of got the presents they had begged for like me and is enjoying the day.

Merry Christmas to all!

DangerousDave
25-12-2002, 01:30 PM
lol i've just had my christmas 'dinner' or lunch depending on how you look at it. Urgh full. haha i got a bey blade, who said a 16 year old can't enjoy those, they are seriously good fun ;).

Looks like i've lost access to the computer now that my bro has BF1942 :D oh well, my machine lags a bit with 30 bots ;)

- David
p.s. dammit no adsl router this year :(, but got the fight club novel instead so should make up for it for a while ;).

kiwibeat
25-12-2002, 02:18 PM
Merry Xmas and hope that everyone has a really good year,

tango
25-12-2002, 03:18 PM
TEN REASONS WHY THE STAR WARS CHARACTERS WOULD KICK BUTT IN THE STAR TREK UNIVERSE:

1. In the Star Wars Universe weapons are rarely, if ever, set on "stun".

2. The Enterprise needs a huge engine room with an anti-matter unit and a crew of 20 just to go into warp --- The Millennium Falcon does the same thing withHan and a Wookie.

3. After resisting the Imperial torture droid and Darth Vader, Princess Leia still looked fresh and desirable --- After pithy Cardassian starvation torture, Picard looked like hell.

4. One word: Lightsabers.

5. Darth Vader could choke the entire Borg empire with one glance.

6. The Death Star doesn't care if a world is class "M" or not.

7. Luke Skywalker is not obsessed with sleeping with every alien he encounters.

8. Jabba the Hutt would eat Harry Mudd for trying to cut in on his action.

9. The Federation would have to attempt to liberate any ship named "Slave I".

10. Picard pilots the Enterprise through asteroid belts at one-quarter impulse power --- Han Solo floors it.

:D

Capt Jimbo
25-12-2002, 03:23 PM
Merry Xmas to one and all
i hope it's been as a good a day for you as it's been for me and mine.

Capt Jimbo

Jacc
25-12-2002, 03:26 PM
Hope every one has a great day.
We cheated a little and opened our presents last night as we are working all day today (just called in home to pick up some food to keep us going).
So all the best for the New Year

Jacc

stiven
25-12-2002, 03:31 PM
Merry Christmas everyone!!

Thanks to all you guys out there for all the help over this past year.

One of my presents from my younger brother - $10 to go towards Februarys PC World!! :D

stiven

hotwater
25-12-2002, 03:32 PM
my present this year was finding a DTP program for Linux, what a total geek, up at 1am Christmas morning downloading software!!! It's called Scribus, still a little rough 'round the edges but what potential.....go LINUX!!!!

Merry Chrismas one and all....

tones_malones
25-12-2002, 04:00 PM
mmmmm well i'm delacatley poised after havin a fabulous cold lunch with the whanau and a good laugh at my auntie and own mothers stupidity!!
couldn't have asked for better! Hope ya'll christmas lunches went well, or if your havin a big tea the anticipation will be growing!

Tones

tweak\'e
25-12-2002, 04:04 PM
i hope you all are having a merry geekly christams. i've managed to find a pc (a mac.........argghhhh) to type this on. every one is stuffed full of food and little dudes/esses are having a ball of a time :)

opps i gtg and find some coffeee..withrawl syptoms allready ;-)

R.M.
25-12-2002, 04:09 PM
Hullo, Merry Christmas to you all. We had the big meal at 2pm, and the Hard Drive died this morning. We ordered a new one this afternoon, but I hope that it arrives in the next few days,as I am currently networked throught the Big Son's computer! I need him to do the installation etc.... Bit maybe it would be a good exercise for me!!

crozier
25-12-2002, 04:11 PM
>i've managed to find a pc (a mac.........argghhhh) to type this on.

That's cool! Turkeys are very festive ;)

Happy Christmas!

Jester
25-12-2002, 04:32 PM
Seasons Greetings all

We have done the family breakfast thing, opened pressies, spent a few hours at the beach, had a surf (real surfing, not online), come home to have showers before BBQ at the inlaws.... and I wonder why I am tired at the end of each Xmas day lol.

No PC related pressies in Santa's sack this year :-( ... my only real hope is my name will be drawn from the entrants here ?:|

J.

:D

cyberchuck
25-12-2002, 04:57 PM
Hey...

Just checkin' the time on the PF1 server.. must be about a 1/4 of an hour left now..

Merry Christmas

Chuckie

cyberchuck
25-12-2002, 04:58 PM
Ooh 2 mins...

*still awaits his computer related pressie's from the family...*

CyberChuck

fergie
25-12-2002, 05:01 PM
1min........

fergie
25-12-2002, 05:04 PM