PDA

View Full Version : P C Company - overheating machines

taxboy
24-12-2002, 06:16 PM
Hi Guys - I might have a problem with my P C Company PC overheating. Has anyone else suffered this problem with this company (or had freinds with same problem?). Any sharing of expereinces would be helpful.

robsonde
24-12-2002, 06:25 PM
what makes you thinks that it is over heating???

Elephant
24-12-2002, 06:38 PM
Just how did you check the temperatures?

godfather
24-12-2002, 07:05 PM
Taxboy, as has been suggested in a previous thread on this subject, keeping it all in one thread would help people understand your issues, what you have found, what has been suggested and could lead to a better level of assistance.

This is now your third thread on what is essentially the same subject?

For the benefit of others trying to help, I will link them
here (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=29442) and here (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=29466)

Bambi
24-12-2002, 07:07 PM
Yea my machine is running warmer than it normally does, due to all the warm weather lately.

taxboy
25-12-2002, 08:05 PM
Yeah, thanks for your VALUABLE input - however the reason I started a new thread is not for more info on my others problems but to gather any expereinces with the Vendor that people have had - I've had plenty of help with the technical side - none of it from you tho - mostly from Tweak.

So i guess this is a nice way of saying MYOB.

Baldy
25-12-2002, 09:34 PM
I don't think PC Company computers are prone to overheating than any other brand.

If its relatively new, take it back to the shop. Thats what warrantees are all about. Let them sort it out

IMHO anyway

taxboy
25-12-2002, 11:50 PM
Yah ,thats my thoughts too - ta for input.

tweak\'e
26-12-2002, 10:21 AM
well going by the pcco pc's i've had a look at they are not good cooling wise. most HP/Compaqs that i've seen have quite well thought out cooling. pcco just seems to be "use cheap case and hope like hell it dosn't cook". the one and only case fan(psufan) its setup to fight against the cpu fan which makes it a little piontless. however they do have a new line of cases which i havn't checked out yet.

Falcdragon
26-12-2002, 12:19 PM
I've got a pc company machine here hasn't over heated but we had an extra case fan added when we got the thing to prevent that. (+$10).

taxboy
26-12-2002, 12:34 PM
Yah, I shouldn't have thought of that - even as a precaution - I can't add anything myself as it would void the warrenty so I'll think I'll call into their local store and ask them to put the fan in, if its only a few bucks I'll pay (not worth the hassle to argue) otherwise I want them to fix it.

I don't want a fight with them - everything else works fine but I do want to play my games.

taxboy
26-12-2002, 12:37 PM
Goddam, I have some small knowledge about PC's but still there seems to be so much to know - thank God for this site and all you helpful techno's - Tweak - could you suggest what fan I should get the buggers at PCCoy to put in my PC?

I often wonder how the completely newbies get on with some of thier first computers - must drive the helpdeks mad. I only good thing to come of all this is its expanding my knowledge (but I'd rather be playing MOH)