PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer

Scottie100
24-12-2002, 04:07 PM
IE will not load and has a message comes up "Explorer caused an invalid page fault in moduale KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bff7b9e6"

It then carries on with a lot of Registers

I have attempted to access IE both from the Icon and start buttons and every time I get "This program has performed an illegal operation etc".

I am using Windows 98.

The problem also extends to Windows Explorer. The same mesage comes up.

Every time I attempt to get to the Internet bingo same prob.

I am able to access Microsoft Outlook and download emails and send emails

When I attempt to access "My Computer" I get "This program has performed an illegal opperation and will be closed down etc" and the same message is recieved when I attempt to go to "my Documents"

When I then click the close down button the computer just cycles around real fast, back to the Icon page and all the small Icons at the bottom right of the screen which relate to the internet have disappeared and all I have showing is the clock and sound level indicator.

I can access all programs that do not require any net access.

I have attempted to reload IE from PC World disc but the CDRom drive takes ages to get any info to the the computer and so far have not been able to download anything from a CDRom

I am not a very computer literate person and any help would be appreciated.

I would hate to have to reformate my hard drive

aquilatech
24-12-2002, 04:13 PM
Hmmm...Sounds serious.

Have you tried installing/re-installing the latest service pack for Win 98?

Sometimes installing the latest pack can fix problems with corrupted/missing files.

Scottie100
24-12-2002, 04:16 PM
I cant access the net to download and at this point in time the puter will not read correctly either CDRom or floppy
and no I haven't had any service patches added