PDA

View Full Version : windows media player error

Mandy Fisher
23-12-2002, 09:18 PM
Trying to copy Audio CD for the first time. I have copied the music to my computer and put a new blank CD in drive.
It says there is a Windows Media Player Error.
Quality messages could not be sent because no quality sink has been defined.
Anyone able to help?

tweak\'e
23-12-2002, 09:43 PM
what are you useing to copy the cd with? what OS? generally when coping a cd WMP has nothing to with it.

Mandy Fisher
23-12-2002, 09:51 PM
xp

-=JM=-
23-12-2002, 10:00 PM
Could you please outline how you are going about "copying" this audio CD.

Mandy Fisher
23-12-2002, 10:06 PM
went into Windows Media Player and then put in CD I want to copy.
Clicked on copy from CD and saved it under My Music.
This worked.
Then I clicked on copy to CD or device and it asked for a blank CD which I put in my CD Drive pressed copy to cd.
It is acting like there is no cd in the drive.

Chilling_Silence
23-12-2002, 10:07 PM
I take it that you're using WMP to encode ( From CD > Your PC ) and then burning ( You PC > CD ) with it aswell..
Firstly, I would reccommend use of something else for both options. The program name is windows media PLAYER... in other words, to play media.

I would reccomend AudioCrusher for encoding the songs, but Tweak'e has often told of another which is supposedly quite good also.

For burning them, I suggest using the software that came with it, otherwise, if none came with your CD-Burner (Which is highly-unlikely) use a proggy such as MusicMatch Jukebox, or AFAIK, windows XP can make audio Cd's thru the OS itself.

Give that a shot and see what you come up with.

Oh, and another thing, I would reccommend encoding as MP3 files, and not WMA, as WMA is not as higly supported, and at higher bitrates, the quality compared to MP3 is a whole lot less!

Merry Christmas

Chilling_Silence

tweak\'e
23-12-2002, 10:22 PM
useing a cd ripper to rip to mp3 or wma then burning those back to cd is not great as you loose quality.

its best to use a cd burning program (such as nero) to copy the whole cd to the blank cd. if you only have one drive you will need to burn to image file then burn the image file to blank cd.

Mandy Fisher
24-12-2002, 10:56 PM
thanks for all your replies, I tried to copy a CD using Nero and it goes ok but then decides there is no CDRom in the drive, after playing around and getting a big headache I think I have decided there is a problem with my CDwriter. I haven't used it before as I am new to this computer business, may have to send it away to PC Company to get them to check it out.
Merry Christmas all!!!! Mandy