PDA

View Full Version : Ye Ole` Cannon Printer

tones_malones
23-12-2002, 09:03 PM
my old canon printer (its a bubblejet something or other) has packed a sad, we replaced it and my mum is gettin annoyed with the old one sitting there gathering dust!
Does anyone know of anywhere/one who fixes printers so i can sell it on or if i could get rid of it (sell/donate) for parts? (in the Akl/Shore region)

Its about six years old and is realllllllyyyy sluggish compared to our new one (HP Deskjet, thank you fly buys!! jeez did u seee all that stuff that lady won last night, just for using flybuy phoarrr!!)

thankies all

Tones Malones

cyberchuck
23-12-2002, 09:07 PM
Hey

You could try trademe?? - some people want the things broken so they can fix them themselves or take it for parts/etc

CyberChuck

tones_malones
23-12-2002, 09:11 PM
hmmmm could do eh, whats the comission that they takeoutta it? I could always try the T&E too :)

cyberchuck
23-12-2002, 09:19 PM
I know

If you put $10 or so in your "trademe account" (in which gets you a Validated member sorta thing) then Trademe won't charge you on the cost of the auction if it doesn't meet reserve or something.. in other words it's a way for Trademe to hold some money of yours so they can gain interest on it and you get a lil more options to choose from (like the ability to only sell to other "validated" members)

Here we go:
the item sells, the seller is charged a 'success fee', which is a percentage of the final price. (under 5%)

and

If the highest bid is below the minimum price (reserve price), then there is no fee, and no obligation to sell

Here's (http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/helpdocs/listing_fees.asp) a list of Trademe Fees
Here's (http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/helpdocs/sellers_guide.asp) a thing of Trademe's sellers guide

Hope this helps

CyberChuck

Billy T
23-12-2002, 10:17 PM
Hi tones

How about posting the model number (BJCxxx usually). I am looking for a particular part for one of my geriatric printers that I want to keep going. Depends on what type of sad it packed of course.

I'm a jafa too, so could catch up with you easily.

Cheers

*<8-{) :)

jafa = Just another fabulous Aucklander :D

tones_malones
23-12-2002, 10:46 PM
ooh fabulous aucklanders...i'm not a JAFA...Shore girl (shore bet) hahaha...anyhow

the model # thingy is...
Canon Bubblejet BJC 4200

Billy T
24-12-2002, 08:49 AM
Thanks tones

That's modern compared to my geriatrics, I've got a 610 & a 620.

Thanks anyway

Billy *<8-{)

Muses: Are Shore guys shore to rise?:|