PDA

View Full Version : This may be a silly question... WinXP

tones_malones
23-12-2002, 10:24 AM
i was thinkin last nite/this mornin, and i was wondering what the "XP" in Windows XP stands for?

Xperience Preferred?

Or was it just randomly generated and Mr Gates liked it? I'm sure the answer is simple!!
I'm being a curious cookie hehehe...

Tones

Merry Christmas to all!

godfather
23-12-2002, 11:25 AM
eXPerience

Graham L
23-12-2002, 02:19 PM
eXpensive (to customer) and Profitable (to Bill).

There are no silly questions, but there are always silly answers :D

tones_malones
23-12-2002, 02:40 PM
thanks guys you satisfied my cuiousity :P

Tones

rugila
23-12-2002, 04:19 PM
I think XPendable, while mine isn't exactly in the trash can it might as well be. I haven't used it, nor needed to, for a couple of months. It's the (unused) 2nd boot option on dual boot setup.

Clueless
23-12-2002, 05:15 PM
rugila,

Your first boot option is??????

.Clueless

rugila
23-12-2002, 05:54 PM
Win98 (first ed!). I've spent a lot of time sorting out its problems, but now (my version) does pretty good. Currently tossing up whether (when modern software gets too much for the old OS) next to
wait for post-XP or go to MacOSX (or update of that when I decide).
But for what I use my machine for mainly now plus the given state of my peripherals (scanner, printer, phone line for modem, etc.) I'm fine. Do a fair bit of visual basic work, photo work (high res scanner and Adobe Photoshop 5.5), rarely play computer games, general internet surfing incl occasional visits to PressF1. My main bottleneck re internet work is my very ancient phone line, 500metres of underground 28 years ago and impossibly expensive to upgrade.
Whatever you do has limitations, learning to live with them and constantly trying to improve is the my view of the scene. Are you trying to sell me XP?

Clueless
23-12-2002, 05:59 PM
>Are you trying to sell me XP?

No

.Clueless (98SE & SuSE8)