PDA

View Full Version : Macro in Office XP MS Word

Oxie
22-12-2002, 06:25 PM
I currently have a Macro in Word 2000 that enables me to print the current page.

I am trying to record the same macro in Office XP Word on another computer running XP Home, but for some reason it only remembers as far as opening up the print box and not selecting Current Page. Is this a known bug in XP Office or am I missing something? I welcome your suggestions.

Dolby Digital
22-12-2002, 10:59 PM
Suggest you search the Microsoft Knowledge Base at www.microsoft.com

parry
23-12-2002, 06:21 AM
Hi Oxie, I havent got OffXP but it seems strange that the record macro would work any different. Presuming you dont know VBA its probably easier just to export the macro from Word 2000 and import into Word 2002 to solve the current problem.

To do this...
1 Open the Word2k doc that contains the macro
2 Open the Vb Editor (press alt-F11 or from the menu Tools-Macros-Visual Basic Editor)
3 Select the macro (in the left hand pane will be modules, the macro will be held in either the normal or project(name of your doc) project.
4 With the module highlighted that contains your macro select File-Export File
5 A dialog box will appear asking you where to save. Save to your floppy so you can copy this to the other PC.
6 In the Word2002 PC open the VB Editor (steps 1-2 above)
7 Select File-Import File and import the macro from the floppy. If you already have a module with the same name in Word 2002, you can rename it on the floppy before importing.

A word of warning though, depending upon what you did macros can be explicit, meaning its referring to the doc with that name and may not work correctly if imported to another doc. However, if your just printing then it should be fine as it normally just refers to the active doc.

Oxie
23-12-2002, 09:11 AM
Parry,

Thank you so much for your well described step-by-step reply. Your instructions worked a treat, and I have learned something knew. So a very big thank you for your time and effort.

Warm wishes and Happy Christmas,

Lyn (Oxie)

parry
23-12-2002, 06:37 PM
My please and I'm glad it worked for you.

Merry Xmas :-)

parry
23-12-2002, 06:37 PM
My pleasure and I'm glad it worked for you.

Merry Xmas :-)