PDA

View Full Version : Alcatel Cell Phone, Secret "Code"?!?!?

JamesStewart
22-12-2002, 01:14 AM
Hey, I know, I know, this is fully not a "Computer" related topic but I have found some thing on my Alcatel 311 phone that is kind of werid. I mate have the old Alcatel's and it is on theirs aswell. On the main screen, you press 0 six times and then the * botton (000000*) and this werid menu comes up with: "Traces" "SwOff codes" "Empty SwOff" "Chanrge Ctrl" and "Checker". I am fully wondering what on earth all this is and is it ment to be there. I am really looking at the "Checker" section as it has all these smily faces winking at me!!! I know! Can some one please explane this to me!

Alasta
22-12-2002, 02:10 AM
It's for service personel, who can use it for diagnostic purposes. This menu is of no use to you, except that it may be helpful for you to use it to find out what software version your handset is running if you ever want to check if an updated software version is available.

cyberchuck
22-12-2002, 09:12 AM
Hey

That's kind of like Nokia's service code *3001*12345# (something like that) except you have to call it (and actually press send) for it to work. It doesn't cost you money - more of just a way of keeping people from accidently finding it out

CyberChuck

cyberchuck
22-12-2002, 09:13 AM
Just another thing:

In Charge CTRL (when you open it), if you scroll all the way to the bottom it will say XXX 0000 or something along those lines. the XXX refers to a percentage of how much battery life you have left

CyberChuck

DangerousDave
22-12-2002, 12:08 PM
make sure you don't screw round with those too much aye cos my mate did and he had to have his fone reflashed and admittedly vodafone wasn't too happy ;)

BTW there isn't much to do in it anyways, free fone calls are a thing of the past now ;)

- David

Epsilon
22-12-2002, 05:34 PM
Isn't this interesting??? Still makes not a lot of sense to me, even after googling. Anyone got a plain anglais angle on it?

http://www.copris.com/map/alcatel/techmenu_eng.htm

Kame
22-12-2002, 05:36 PM
Check out http://mobile.box.sk to find "Secret Codes" for your particular type of phone.