PDA

View Full Version : Windows xp colour themes

Mark Veldhuizen
20-12-2002, 10:42 PM
I like Olive Green and Silver (hate Lunar) but feel its high time for more colours. I broswed through Microsoft Update page but there is no updates for XP colour themes. I have SP1, all the critical updates up to today, etc...when will they release more?

For a fleeting moment, I decided upon "Style Xp" but uninstalled because it didnt change the "colour", it changed everything, like the x button wood be all square and ugly...

All i want is some interesting coloured themes...like a lighter blue, a black, a red, a purple...i in NO way want to change the x, minus,etc button

anyway i can myself colour the xp theme, in PSP or PS? open jpegs and just resave them? do i need to extract a .dll and recompile it?

BIFF
21-12-2002, 08:23 AM
Check out http://www.themexp.org The site appears to be having problems at the moment, but when it's up there are plenty of simple themes which only change the colours. You will need to replace your copy of UxTheme.dll to use them, as MS themes are digitally signed. You will need to locate version 6.0.2800.1106 of the patched UxTheme.dll file as you are running SP1. Post back if you can't get hold of it.

Elephant
21-12-2002, 08:28 AM
You could always right click the desktop, properties, appearance and use Windows Classic style. That will put you back to the colours you had in Win98 for example.

Synchronised_Thoughts
21-12-2002, 09:18 AM
try windows blinds 3.5!!

Synchronised_Thoughts

agent
21-12-2002, 09:42 AM
Can't you go into the Appearance tab and there's a button to customise your own colours or something? Can't remember exactly, but it's something like that.

In my opinion, Olive has to be the worst of the three colour themes, I don't know who the hell in Microsoft decided it looked nice. Silver would be my favourite if it wasn't for the fact the it just doesn't look as nice as Blue (Lunar).