PDA

View Full Version : Increimail.

tobias
19-12-2002, 04:57 PM
Some friends tell me not to download "Incredimail" as it is extremely hard
to remove it all but others tell me that it is marvellous! Who do I believe?

agent
19-12-2002, 05:10 PM
As a user of Hotmail, I can't really comment on Incredimail, though I don't like their marketing slogan "Incredimail - email has finally evolved", as it hasn't evolved at all, it just allows for fancy HTML formatting which anybody could do (possibly after laborious work though).

However, if you really want the ability to "change the look of your email to suit your mood", then go ahead and download it, as you can send emails with nice backgrounds and the like, and that's all I know.

godfather
19-12-2002, 05:48 PM
Its not so much the issue of "pretty looking mail", with the increasing paranoia about security, many are disabling HTMLin e-mail, which means as this practice continues less and less will see your fancy mail, only the stripped out text.

If you send mail to any businesses, you should always assume HTMLbased mail will be quarantined for manual processing. Best not to send it in that format. About 80% of companies I deal with remove HTML on receiving the mail at their server.

Baldy
19-12-2002, 05:49 PM
Its eye candy, and lots of people like it, but if you do install it make sure you send plain emails to business' etc, as some of them don't like the Incredimail attachments.

I have used it extensively in the past, but now just prefer to turn HTML on in Outlook Express

NathanTheKind
19-12-2002, 07:12 PM
Installation and Uninstallation is a breeze. One thing to make sure when you are installing it is to make sure you read what it want's to put on the machine as I have heard of some instances when spyware is installed with Incredimail. just run adaware once you have installed to remove any spyware that may have been installed.

:)

Bob Kehely
20-12-2002, 09:10 AM
Hello,

I've had incredimail for a while now, and it works well. It installs and uninstalls with no problems at all. A couple of quirks I've noticed, is when updating it can get a bit glitchy, but settles down after a while.

It also uses quite a bit of computer resouces, and if you send a e-mail to a firm, send with no background, as thier security picks up the html format and stops the message.

cheers,
Bob

tweak\'e
20-12-2002, 09:41 AM
just one to remember - those of use you are on crapula phone lines don't apprectate huge emails ie full of HTML. i have HTML striped out otherwise its takes an hour to download my emails every day wheres it can be done in 15 mins without HTML.

TiMę:*)
20-12-2002, 10:01 AM
Hi Tobias, Do I know you??. Im Tim yang, we were in the same class in form 1 at Birkdale Intermediate. Are you the same Tobias?