PDA

View Full Version : Brighter Graphics on CS

Jimmy D
19-12-2002, 10:23 AM
Anyone know how to make the graphics brighter on CS? i know its not my video card its my screen that makes it dark and its annoying. Any console commands that work? Anything? using TNT2 32meg.

TiMę:*)
19-12-2002, 10:37 AM
Go to the configuration in cs and use open Gl option, then change the gammer and stuff,
heres some better explained instructions I wrote my self
www.cs-clanswat.tk

TiMę:*)

gibler
19-12-2002, 11:01 AM
Heh, you aren't just cheating are you ;) I know what you mean though, I hate dark games.
What I usually do is just turn up the gamma from the nvidia driver properties.

Or have a gander at:

http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life/guide/console/

Chilling_Silence
19-12-2002, 11:11 AM
>
> What I usually do is just turn up the gamma from the
> nvidia driver properties.
>
>

Mmmm... Gotta love the latest set of Detonators :D Only thing is its a bit of a pain later to reset it again.

Turning it up in-game does help a lot. Check under the config as Tim said, and there are also console keys so that you can adjust it in game, along with mouse sensitivity and many other things too!

Merry Christmas

Beef
19-12-2002, 11:28 AM
lol James, this is a surprise to see you posting here.

Shoulda asked me on MSN :D

Jimmy D
01-01-2003, 04:55 PM
yeah ive tried the "brightness" and "gamma" commands but they dont do anything, its just the same, i am using OpenGL. It could be i need the update, waiting for i Beef to give me the update so it saves me from downloading 116megs on a 33k :P

J.D

Attaboy102
01-01-2003, 08:13 PM
hello there

try fiddling with options in cs, you might find something, something like the contrast.

thanks.

ps: no offence, but i think that is damn lousy game
no offence!!

segfault
01-01-2003, 11:37 PM
Thats interesting, I have a TNT2 on my other computer and used to have that problem. How do you know its not the video card?

Jimmy D
03-01-2003, 10:38 AM
Well i know that its not the cards fault that its dark because when i plug newer screens into my comp its a lot brighter, but yes it must be the TNT's fault i cant change the settings any higher.

i kind of agree with attaboy, CS isnt that great, i'd much rather play AQ2 any day :)

segfault if u used to have that problem, how did u fix it?

nzStan
03-01-2003, 12:17 PM
> Well i know that its not the cards fault that its
> dark because when i plug newer screens into my comp
> its a lot brighter, but yes it must be the TNT's
> fault i cant change the settings any higher.

If a new screen gives you a brighter color then the problem might be with the screen rather than the card or game gamma setting.

If ur screen brightness/contrast has been set to maximum and you still can't get any joy out of it then I suggest taking the screen to a qualified technician for a tune-up or buy a new screen.

segfault
03-01-2003, 02:43 PM
> segfault if u used to have that problem, how did u
> fix it?

Well I got sick of Counterstrike so I stopped playing it :D