PDA

View Full Version : How to save faulty screen shot

Neil McC
17-12-2002, 05:19 PM
I have a problem that only turns up now and then.Just brought up Quicktime player after reading one post,while on line.But this happens anywhere,last time in Compupic,and before that whenever I opened Nero.The screen looks like the ink is running,and it quickly gets lines across and anything open disappears under this mush!Is there some way to save a screen shot of what's happening?And how? :-(
Win ME,800Mhz,256 ram,Video card Nvidia Gforce 2 GTS with 30.82? drivers,which I've tried reinstalling.

utopia
17-12-2002, 05:26 PM
1) Press "print screen" key on your keyboard*
2) Open any image editing program
3) Either click on Edit------->Paste or Edit----->Paste as new picture (Or something similar)
4) save the picture as any image file. I recommend a slightly compressed JPG file if you want to save disk space.

Steve Askew
17-12-2002, 05:38 PM
As utopia Says but press ALT + Print Screen at the same time.

Cheers Steve

Heather P
17-12-2002, 07:35 PM
Press <alt><Print Screen>
Open a Word Processing program - Word, Works, whatever - then press <ctrl>V

Greg S
17-12-2002, 07:57 PM
Press Print Scrn to save a full screen image to Clipboard. Alt + Print Scrn to save just the current active window.

Chilling_Silence
17-12-2002, 08:29 PM
There is also software out there that'll do timed screenshots too. Do a quick search on google and you can get software that'll do tons of screen shot stuff!

Techsmith.com is a good place to start!

Neil McC
18-12-2002, 11:29 AM
Thankyou all,that worked.Only hope I can see what I'm doing when it happens again. :D