PDA

View Full Version : Jedi

agent
17-12-2002, 01:36 PM
Is there anyone else here who has Jedi Knight 2? If so, do you get problems in playing online multiplayer, such as being disconnected? I have a friend who has these problems. He uses Xtra as his ISP. He says that after about three minutes of playing, it gets disconnected from the game server, reconnects about five minutes later, goes fine for a minute, then gets disconnected altogether. Like me, he has a shortcut to "ping www.google.co.nz -t" ready on the desktop, in case his net connection "goes dead" (not disconnected, but doesn't send or receive any traffic for a while).

BTW, are there any Jedi-believers here?

Susan B
17-12-2002, 09:10 PM
Hmmm can't really say that I've seen many Jedi Knight players on this forum, but you never know, there might be some closet ones.

Has your friend tried leaving Outlook Express (or whatever his email client is) running to check the emails every minute in order to keep the line "open"?

Lohsing
17-12-2002, 09:21 PM
> Is there anyone else here who has Jedi Knight 2?

Yes.

> If
> so, do you get problems in playing online
> multiplayer, such as being disconnected?

Nope.

> I have a
> friend who has these problems. He uses Xtra as his
> ISP. He says that after about three minutes of
> playing, it gets disconnected from the game server,
> reconnects about five minutes later, goes fine for a
> minute, then gets disconnected altogether. Like me,
> he has a shortcut to "ping www.google.co.nz -t" ready
> on the desktop, in case his net connection "goes
> dead" (not disconnected, but doesn't send or receive
> any traffic for a while).

Have you tried disabling call waiting??

> BTW, are there any Jedi-believers here?

Do you believe in them??

Lo.

Chilling_Silence
17-12-2002, 09:21 PM
I play JK2, but not online yet.. I tried it once at Warp 9 Cyber Cafe and it was mean as anything!

Try what susan said to keep the connection alive

raddersnz
17-12-2002, 10:53 PM
If you want to stop being disconnected, try opening the properties box for the internet connection. I hope you know where to find that.
Now that you have it open, go to the Options tab.
You will see a Redialing Options, grouping. The second to last entry will be {b]idle time before hanging up:[/b]. From the dropdown box select never.
All should work OK now. Mine never disconnects:D

radz:p

agent
18-12-2002, 03:18 PM
It's nothing to do with disconnecting from the internet after XX minutes of idle time. It must be a combination of Xtra, his modem, and his phoneline. He doesn't have any additional phone services from Telecom, just a standard phoneline. However, he now has Jetstream (did that deal where you save $99 if you sign up before Dec 16), and I have not yet asked him if JK2 still plays up... if it does, I'd be very surprised.

Lo - you might remember that the Australian government made Jedi an officially recognised belief, due to the number of people who said it was their religion in the 2001 Australian Census.

raddersnz
18-12-2002, 03:23 PM
The same would have been in effect here, had the numbers sufficed.
I am a Jedi:x:D:p - or so my census says:D

radz:p

agent
18-12-2002, 03:33 PM
If only I'd put down "Jedi" instead of plain old boring "Catholic"... but then, I hadn't made my mind up back then.

vk_dre
18-12-2002, 04:59 PM
i've got jedi knight 2 and had the same problems, the solution is to install the jkv2 patch(Jedi Knight Version 2 patch) i think u can still get it from the nz web gaming sites but that was like 5months ago, but it would still be on the net. Without this patch whenever u join the server u are disconnected after a while, then u try to reconnect it doesn't work.

cheers,
v.K

Synchronised_Thoughts
18-12-2002, 05:09 PM
yes i do have JK2, I have played it online a few times, and no, i have never had a problem with it!!

Synchronised_Thoughts

Mike
21-12-2002, 09:26 AM
I have and play JK2 but not online (only single player or on the LAN)... :)

Also have original Jedi Knight, and the one before that - Dark Forces :)

Mike.

robo
21-12-2002, 09:43 AM
A number of us were jedi in the Census. It was NZ doing that, that got the UK people moving.
robo.