PDA

View Full Version : ActiveX Controls

honeylaser
16-12-2002, 01:24 PM
Hi All

I am trying to view an email which has activex controls. It warns me that "Your current settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page", and therefore the page may not display correctly.

Now, I have gone into my IE settings (v 6.0 SP1) and checked the security levels, and I had already custom set it to accept ActiveX Controls (except for "controls not marked as safe" with a prompt). I even changed this setting, and yet I still cannot view this email.

From memory I thought there may have been some weird issue with XP which causes this, but I'm on XP SP1 with all security updates etc etc.

First person to answer my query gets a free visit from Santa!

honeylaser
16-12-2002, 01:38 PM
OK - I sorted it. It's the security settings in Outlook rather than IE that I have to change. One of the techos here set me on the wrong path by saying that all ActiveX controls are enabled or disabled through IE rather than OE.

I win a visit from Santa! Woohooo!

tweak\'e
16-12-2002, 01:39 PM
activeX in email .......ouch! :(

honeylaser
16-12-2002, 01:45 PM
> activeX in email .......ouch! :(

Yep. Bloody vendors trying to fancy up the whole Christmas Message thing. And the flash animation wasn't even worth it. I feel ripped off!

Anyway, I've secured myself a visit from the big jolly man in the red suit, so I'm pretty happy.