PDA

View Full Version : Start menu on XP

BernieL
16-12-2002, 11:49 AM
I have lost a program off my start menu, I certainly still have the program and can run it from a shortcut I have since placed on my desktop. How do I get it back? Thanks. And what did I probably do to cause this?

cyberchuck
16-12-2002, 11:59 AM
Hey

If the shortcut is on your desktop then you can drag it onto the start menu, which will popup, and then place it where you like...
Or you could Right Click on your start button, click Open and copy the shortcut into a folder there.

As to how you got rid of it, did you accidentially drag it off your start menu? or right click on it and hit delete? - We are talking about the actual start menu (in the programs folder) and not the list to the left with the recently opened programs folder? as unless you tell the Start Menu to leave it in that list then it will disappear with the different programs that you run

CyberChuck

Oxie
16-12-2002, 01:30 PM
BernieL,

You can also click on Start, Settings, Taskbar and Start Menu, and choose the Start Menu tab. Depending on whether you have Start Menu or Classic Start Menu selected, click on Customize. Then choose Add... and browse to where the program is and select it.

BernieL
17-12-2002, 11:58 AM
Thanks, I've tried this and I can find the program when I switch to classis mode but when I go back to the "normal"XP style it isn't listed. The prog., for what it's worth, is Works 6.0