PDA

View Full Version : Webmail - Using pop3?

Shroeder
16-12-2002, 10:45 AM
Is there such a thing as a programme that will allow you to access a webmail site (one without pop3 access) from an email client and download to that email client?

TIA

cyberchuck
16-12-2002, 11:04 AM
Uh...
Congratulations.. You've managed to confuse me..
You want to access a webmail site from an Email Client (like Outlook Express) and download the messages off the webmail server and onto your computer??

If that's right (or sounds like it) then Open Outlook Express and use these simple steps:

If it's your first time opening Outlook Express you be asked for your name and all that, just press escape
Click Tools > Accounts and click on the Add button. A menu will open and you want to click Mail
Enter Your Name and press next
Enter your Email Address and press next
Where it says "My Incoming Mail Server Is:" click POP3
Incoming Mail Server (put in your Mail Servers details, usually its "mail.ispname.com") - if you don't know this take a look around your Mail Servers website. It will be there somewhere
Outgoing mail server - same as Incoming Mail Server and press next
Account Name - your login name to your Mail Server and press next
Account Password - Your login password and press next
Finish

And that's it - you can connect to your server and download your emails. If your having problems post back and someone will help

CyberChuck

Shroeder
16-12-2002, 12:01 PM
Unfortunately that isn't going to work as the webmail site involved does not support pop3 access!

Effectively what I'm after (and I suspect I confused the issue by mentioning pop3) is a programme that will go to a webmail site, take the messages off in a format that can be read by an email client (in this case pegasus)

I'm pretty sure I've seen comments about a programme that can do this...

cyberchuck
16-12-2002, 12:53 PM
Oooh...

Yeah - you did confuse me...
May I ask what the Webmail site is? Because Outlook Express can (in some circumstances) receive emails off a Http mail server (You can do it for hotmail)

Sorry

CyberChuck