PDA

View Full Version : copying music from internet

muki
16-12-2002, 10:19 AM
Another question I have is how do you save live music from the
internet on to your computer then make a music cd.
what program can I use for this.

cyberchuck
16-12-2002, 10:29 AM
Hey

To save music from the internet it depends on what Internet Explorer you have but the easiest way [for all of them] is to right click on the song (where it says download here) and click Save Target As. You can then chose the name that you want the song to have but remember the .mp3 suffix

CyberChuck

muki
16-12-2002, 10:33 AM
Thanks but what if there is no right click and the music plays immediately
how can you record this

cyberchuck
16-12-2002, 10:54 AM
Hey

It should open in Windows Media Player or Internet Explorer

To save from Windows Media Player click File > Save Media as and save the song that way

To save from Internet Explorer Windows Media Tab (which is when Internet Explorer is open and there is a media window to the side of the screen) Click Media Options > Save Current Media As

Hope this helped - if not give the URL of the song and someone will take a look at it for you

CyberChuck

J ZEP
16-12-2002, 11:00 AM
Hi Muki, there are alot of good music peer 2 peer programs around - everybody has their individual preferences, I use winmx and have found it rather good, other people use Kazaa, however i believe you need to use the lite version (kazza) if you use this as it doesn't have spyware.
You can get winmx here:

Winmx download (http://www.winmx.com/)

;-)

muki
16-12-2002, 11:29 AM
hi again I tried the options suggested still no luck.
Here's the url
http://ninemsn.com.au/kids/hi5/singalong.asp
click on songs and box will pop up and start playing music

cyberchuck
16-12-2002, 11:47 AM
Hey

For play this weeks song you should be able to right-click on it and then [left] click Save Target As... Same goes for Play HI-5 Theme song.

However for the other songs I would reccomend trying KaZaA or some P2P application due to the fact that the website uses ASP and doesn't give you the full filenames for the songs therefore making it one hellova job to find them to download

Sorry

CyberChuck

godfather
16-12-2002, 11:53 AM
You cannot right click as CC suggests, the web page has not got them as a downloadable file.

There are other ways of recording them, however have you considered that the artists probably don't want you to download them, and they may consider that illegal (as in theft).

Otherwise they would have posted the file that allows it?

If you want to record streaming audio, then use Google to learn more about it, as there are several ways to do it.

muki
16-12-2002, 11:55 AM
hi cyberchuck - the file is actually "asf" format.
I cant use peer to peer as I work for a company and they have restrictions so the only way is record this to a tape using a cable or save it to the computer and then burn it to the cd. I'd like to do the latter.

Archibald
16-12-2002, 11:57 AM
Hi

Your best bet may be to download something like Kazaa Lite. I've did a search 4 Hi-5 and there is a list as long as my arm. (almost)

A

Terry Porritt
16-12-2002, 12:37 PM
Also, following Godfathers suggestion type streaming audio into the PressF1 search (button top of page), this has been asked many times.
Basically you have to re-encode the stream, but you will also record any pauses etc due to net congestion.

Greg S
16-12-2002, 06:03 PM
Ok here's how I did it, using Netscape Communicator 7: Click on the song link, it takes you to the lyrics page, but the song doesn't play. There's a link that says (If you're having trouble getting the song to play, try clicking here) I click on the link, and Netscape asks me if I want to download the file to disc, or open it from the site with an application. Simple.