PDA

View Full Version : Soundblaster Audigy2 Platinum

BeePee
15-12-2002, 10:34 PM
A word of warning!
The packaging says clearly that this hardware/software is compatible with Win98SE, ME, 2000 SP2, XP. I can tell you from bitter experience that this is not true!!
I tried to install it on an ME machine and it would not operate at all. I finally found out from the Audigy website that only XP is supported.
I then committed my second mistake and upgraded my OS to WinXP. The sound system runs very well but nothing else does. I now have the most expensive stereo I have ever owned occupying in my otherwise useless computer box!
Merry Xmas.

-=JM=-
16-12-2002, 12:36 AM
I know of quite a few people that will never touch a Creative sound card again because of previous experiences with driver issues.

Were you using the latest drivers??

Big John
16-12-2002, 12:44 AM
Dont do the the XP upgrade. Do a fresh install. I found upgrading to be more hassles than doing a fresh install. I have no troubles at all with XP on the three machines it is on. A 2Ghz P4, 1Ghz PIII, and a 500Mhz PII. all run fine with no hasles at all. Only found one game that would not play and it was an old one. everything else works 100%.

Susan B
16-12-2002, 06:17 PM
It may be a bit too late for you now but if the packaging clearly stated that the hardware/software is compatible with Win ME and you found that not to be so then you would have had grounds for a return and refund.

Mike
16-12-2002, 08:23 PM
Take it back and get a refund for it... and if you bought XP just to get the SB working, you could probably get a refund for that too (if you got it from the same place).

Mike.