PDA

View Full Version : I got americas army again..

TiMę:*)
15-12-2002, 03:24 PM
I remember when i first got on this forum i read that you can make the game look like you finish training and go strait to the online games just buy going into the files and change a few nunbers..... i search the forum but couldnt find the nunbers or what ever.... can who ever tell me the number i write down?

-=JM=-
15-12-2002, 03:28 PM
Why not play the game properly Tim.

Failing that, I'm sure that if you enter the correct search items into http://www.google.co.nz you should find what you're after.

15-12-2002, 03:31 PM
???

Billy T
15-12-2002, 06:17 PM
Just thinking out loud,

I find it ironic that this poster uses the copyright symbol ę in his forum name. I always thought he didn't know the meaning of the word but perhaps we've been had.

Billy 8-{) :|

Iris
15-12-2002, 07:05 PM
I got americas army again..

If you've got the game again (presumably you wanted it again) why not play it again instead of appearing to want to cheat?

cyberchuck
15-12-2002, 08:01 PM
You have America's army again - Why'd you delete it in the first place? -this is a game made by the American Army, and you want to cheat in it?

Cheating in games is pointless, it defeats the purpose of the game, but to cheat in games like AA - it's just stupid?

Also, when playing in multiplayer, cheating handicaps you - your so used to the cheat that you can't seem to do anything

CyberChuck

Susan B
15-12-2002, 08:15 PM
Timmy, you are setting yourself up again......

Pack it in will ya?

-=JM=-
15-12-2002, 11:29 PM
America's Army is free :)

I haven't played it myself but from what I hear to play multiplayer you first have to complete some tasks, kind of like having to get your drivers licence in Gran Tourismo before you can drive the flash cars.

The problem being that some of the tasks are hard, especially when you're stuck in NZ on dial-up trying to complete this task with a huge ping. It's rather difficult. There is a text file that can be edited to change these things.

nzStan
16-12-2002, 08:06 AM
To play AA you need to register an online account with the Americas Army server. After that you need to complete basic, weaponry, airborne, sniper (if you qualify as a marksmen in Basic). Each course you finish need to be transmitted back to the master server so keep on hacking the file Tim :P

I don't see the reason to cheat, Tim (ya noob).

You complete Basics and Weaponry (max 10 minutes), which even an 8 y.o. can do, and the rest of the maps are available to you.

*paint 'Troll' on Tim's forehead*

16-12-2002, 08:24 AM
Nononono no no no no no nonnonnononononon, you guys got it all wrong, I didnt get americas army because i wanted it again, i always wanted it, back then americas army was gone from my computer when i did a system restor on my computer and that got rid of americas army for me, and when i did get it, i had a user name called yAnKaDoOdLe and under that user name, i finish training, but i cant get the account information to log in my yAnKaDoOdLe because it can only send the password to my timrox_usuk@hotmail.com email, but i can't log in that account because theres something wrong, thats why i have the timmyrox_usuk@hotmail.com account,

so i got a new aa acound and dont want to do the boring training again, i can finish it easaly buy on the first training for marksmen thingy i didnt have enough bullets to shoot 24 target, i counted the targets i missed and the the ones i shoot and they dont even add up to 24 or higher, then i thought i remember someone posted on this forum a few numbers to change so it makes the game look like i finish basic train so i can get on to multi player...... i did some reading and i realise that you only have to finish the first 4 training missions then you can play multiplayer.

can any one hep

I don't cheat, not even in cs, i hate cheaters!!! i never cheated in multi player games before and never will too, hehehehehe i dont think the us army will care if i finish training or not, im only 13 and the game was trying to get people to join the us army but i can even if i wanted to hehehe

cyberchuck
16-12-2002, 08:31 AM
Sorry then

Have you tried emailing someone and talked about it that way? You may need to provide them with some confidential data that only you and they know considering your old email address isn't working so they can't confirm your identity

CyberChuck

16-12-2002, 08:39 AM
Don't worry every one, forget about it, I remembered my old pastword and i just had a online game. Its great, it only takes me about 5 secs to get connected to the game and play, way faster than cs, but when im out side, my mouse sensitivity is all funny but its just normal when i go indoors????

fergie
16-12-2002, 08:41 AM
anyway - wots this game (it is a game rite?) like?
and is it free?
can u only downlaod it? i s'pose its really big (i'm on dial up)
can u order it on cd or something?
Anyone here wanna make a copy of it and send it to me (i'll pay)
also, last thing - is it actually a game? or is a training program to play before u go join army or something?
cheers

16-12-2002, 08:41 AM
> I don't see the reason to cheat, Tim (ya noob).

does n00b mean newbie?

16-12-2002, 08:48 AM
> anyway - wots this game (it is a game rite?) like?
> and is it free?
> can u only downlaod it? i s'pose its really big (i'm
> on dial up)
> can u order it on cd or something?
> Anyone here wanna make a copy of it and send it to me
> (i'll pay)
> also, last thing - is it actually a game? or is a
> training program to play before u go join army or
> something?
> cheers

Americas army is a free game the us army made to try to get people to join the army, if you live in America you can order the cd for 5 dollars but you don't so you have to download it with your dail up connection like i did, this took me 4 days, you should get it, its highly realistic, you just have to finish the fist five of the boring training missions on single player then you can play online, and it only takes 5 secs to get connected. you need the full version which is 298MB but its worth downloading.
its hard to find a good fast site to dowload from, so heres the link i downloaded it from

http://vanda.mobil.cz/27803f5ecf768d81b26abbbe46ded768/dema/americasarmy/armyops140.exe

heheh
hope you like it

16-12-2002, 08:49 AM
heres the games officially site

http://www.cs-clanswat.tk
http://www.americasarmy.com

nzStan
16-12-2002, 08:57 AM
Hey Fergie, u the same ferg in JSG forum?

Yes AA is free, courtesy of the American Tax Payers (to the tune of several millions US dollars). It runs on the Unreal engine. There is one NZ server (usually on at night) plus 2 or 3 Aussie servers. You need a grunty PC to play, P3 with GF2 video card at least. I've seen 56K players but they need to play local NZ servers. I regularly play on US servers on my DSL connection.

You can download the 280MB file from the jetstream FTP site to keep your download local. ftp://jetstreamgames.co.nz/pub/americasarmy/ Note tho the latest patch is 1.4 which is still not at the JSG FTP site yet (still waiting for Skavin to load it).

My suggestion is look for a friend with jetstream and ask them to download it for you using the JSG realm login (which is full DSL speed and free). The 280MB shudn't take longer than 20 - 40 mins. Otherwise find an internet cafe to burn it to a CD for you. Download the Armyops130.exe then get the 1.4 patch at www.americasarmy.com

Go to these NZ forums for AA at http://www.gpforums.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=7261

Everything you need to know are on the FAQs there.

nzStan
16-12-2002, 09:07 AM
Hey Tim,

Yeah Noob mean noobie (:P). Well, good to hear you're not cheating. I've lost my account before, I just sign up a new one and bob's ur uncle. Took me 30 minutes to go through Basic, Weapon, Airborne and Sniper (you need to time your breathing to snipe). If you can't get Marksmen then don't bother going for sniper (which is boring anyway, I much prefer rifleman or carring the SAW MG). Sniper usually get TKed by other noobies wanting his weapon, not worth the hassle.

agent
16-12-2002, 10:00 AM
I find it rather surprising that, apart from having a ę symbol in his name, he also has this emoticon: :*)

Now if you search on Google for emoticon rules, you'll discover that this emoticon means the person using/displaying it is drunk.

This makes me come to the conclusion that Tim is permanently drunk. I doubt that a young person such as him would be drinking this much, so I come to the conclusion that his mother drunk a lot of alcohol while he was not yet born.

However, this surprises me, because for someone of Tim's likeness, it does not appear that this happened at all.

cyberchuck
16-12-2002, 10:11 AM
Ah...
There's rules to using emoticons???
Never knew that one.... hmm... wonder if there's a terms of use for them as well...
Emoticons can only be used on publicly accessible forums and chatrooms.. And cannot show explicit content... and must be G rated
Really.. It's stupid.. Tim uses it as his signature just as all my posts are followed with CyberChuck.

I still haven't figured out what your post in this thread has to do with solving Tims problem (considering it's already solved)

CyberChuck

agent
16-12-2002, 10:16 AM
The replies by Billy T and Susan B didn't help Tim solve his problems. Neither did mine, despite the fact it was already solved (it's amazing when people don't want to take the flak and solve their problems themselves....)

crozier
16-12-2002, 10:27 AM
>There's rules to using emoticons??? (cyberchuck)

The rules are: "There are no rules" (from Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid)

>> so I come to the conclusion that his mother drunk a lot of alcohol while he was not yet born. (agent )

But there are rulles about what should be said to other people in public. Never say anything to someone on a chat forum that you wouldn't say to there face. its's just good manners , agent, and I think your comment was out of order.

Baldy
16-12-2002, 10:53 AM
Even though Tim has been downright beligerant himself, I agree with your comments Crozier - especially your last one, regarding Agents remark.

BALDY:-)

cyberchuck
16-12-2002, 10:53 AM
I agree with Crozier

Some things are meant to be left out of public forums (heck - I'm one of 'em). People have a right to know how you feel about them without having the rest of the world read your opinion about them too.

Also, on what basis are you grounding Tims mother been a pregnant drinker? - Just because Tim likes the emoticon doesn't mean anything.

Just because I like the emoticon :D doesn't mean that my mum was smiling all the time while she was pregnant...

CyberChuck

Baldy
16-12-2002, 10:54 AM
> Just thinking out loud,
>
> I find it ironic that this poster uses the copyright
> symbol ę in his forum name. I always thought he
> didn't know the meaning of the word but perhaps we've
> been had.
>
> Billy 8-{) :|

Excellent observation Billy

agent
16-12-2002, 01:02 PM
Perhaps I really should have made a note in my above post that I was only joking. However, bring out the old flak cannon and fire it away at me.

*agent takes out can of "Agent's Flame-Proofing Aerosol" and sprays it on self*

As a side note, cyberchuck, grow up. You seem to enjoy acting like a wise old man in these forums, whereas in reality you are a real pain-in-the-ass. Did I say I was grounding Tim's mother as a pregnant drinker? No, I noted that it was a possibility due to his use of the drunk emoticon. I doubt that a person such as him would be drunk at all.

So if Tim read my comment and took it personally, I sincerly apologise, it was meant as a joke, and note a personal remark.

I would like to further point out that a hell of a lot of you have previously given Tim flak, and this was just my little bit.

nzStan
16-12-2002, 01:08 PM
"JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! "

Sorry cudn't help meself :P

crozier
16-12-2002, 01:19 PM
>Perhaps I really should have made a note in my above post that I was only joking.

That's what emoticons are fpr - remember that when you're talking face to face you can use body language to show you you're joking. Besides which, it's extremely rude to say such a thing to somebody you hardly know at all!

>As a side note, cyberchuck, grow up. You seem to enjoy acting like a wise old man in these forums

I, for one, think that for a 15 year old cyberchuck is conributing very well to this forum. He is very knowledgable on a wide range of PC subjects. Although he does tend to go off a bit half cocked. That's just youthful exuberance!.

>Did I say I was grounding Tim's mother as a pregnant drinker?

You seemed to indicate that to me.

>I would like to further point out that a hell of a lot of you have previously given Tim flak, and this was just my little bit.

The difference is that you went beyond the realms of commin decency.

>you are a real pain-in-the-ass

Language like that is not acceptable to many of us here.

Agent, if you want to act like you're in the school griund then go back there - if you act like an adult then everyone here will treat you like one.

16-12-2002, 02:50 PM
Heehehehheheh, when you guys write my name, you use a capital. Thanks, it makes me feel important, hehehehheheh.

i only put up the ę and the :*) because it looks cool, and if you already didnt no, the asterix is my mole.

16-12-2002, 03:03 PM
> My suggestion is look for a friend with jetstream and
> ask them to download it for you using the JSG realm
> login (which is full DSL speed and free). The 280MB
> shudn't take longer than 20 - 40 mins. Otherwise
> find an internet cafe to burn it to a CD for you.
> Download the Armyops130.exe then get the 1.4 patch
> at www.americasarmy.com

Hi nzStan, tell me more about this JSG realm login free service.
and where can i get nz americas army servers?

fergie
16-12-2002, 03:40 PM
> Hey Fergie, u the same ferg in JSG forum?
i don't think so.... i'm in a few forums, but usually my name is Fergie, and i haven't heard of that forum
> Yes AA is free, courtesy of the American Tax Payers
> (to the tune of several millions US dollars).
Americans........

Thanks for advice, i'll probly try to scam my mate (who has Ihug Ultra) to get it for me.
thanks

crozier
16-12-2002, 03:43 PM
I think it's been on several magazine CDs a few months ago.

nzStan
16-12-2002, 03:46 PM
Tim,

Anyone on Jetstream can use the JetStreamGames.co.nz realm to play high speed DSL games without adding the national traffic to your bill. JSG realm cannot connect to the rest of the world, just NZ.

If you're playing CS on NZ servers, a number of the DSL players would be using the JSG realm login.

Anyway, what you do is (if you have a Jetstream or Jetstart account),

1. Create another Jetstream dial up account but use the following login name - user@jetstreamgames.co.nz (No password required).

2. Then connect to it. Use your in-game browser to connect to the JSG servers by specifying the IP address.

To access the FTP directory

Do the same but launch ur webbrowser and go to the FTP directory I specified. There are quite a number of demos and patches there.

I am on a 128k jetstart account. When I login in using the free JSG realm account I get full 2Mbit speed but I can only connect to the JSG FTP and Games servers.

More info at http://www.jetstreamgames.co.nz

nzStan
16-12-2002, 03:53 PM
Tim,

Go to this AA forum. There is a thread about local servers. http://www.gpforums.co.nz/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=7261

Susan B
16-12-2002, 03:57 PM
<sigh> I can see why Bruce took off on holiday before the school holidays started proper - a damn good idea.

Agent, you might like to know that Tim has the distinction of being the only person who has ever got banned from this forum and that was for personal abuse of other forum users.

Bruce only allowed him back for a second chance after a long cool-off period and these days he's much better behaved. Unfortunately some of your behaviour is making his previous antics look distinctly grownup.

If you ain't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all, OK? ;-)

crozier
16-12-2002, 04:23 PM
>If you ain't got anything nice to say, don't say anything at all, OK?

No see what you've done. You got Susan angry and Susan's and angel and never gets angry!!

Susan B
16-12-2002, 04:49 PM
ummm crozier... I didn't see your reply here before I posted in the Trillian thread.... :O

I'm not angry at you... really, I'm not... :D

Clueless
16-12-2002, 07:41 PM
it's funny how different people interperate things...
i thought agent was only being incredably abstract my self.......

.Clueless

agent
16-12-2002, 07:49 PM
Finally...
Thank you Clueless

Elephant
16-12-2002, 08:06 PM
It might be BEST if we work THIS WAY!

If you can't help then don't.

If you can help then do.

The times I help (I THINK) I know what I am talking about I try.
There are heaps of threads I look at but usually only reply if it helps.
It helps us if all posters tell us the O/S and some of the hardware involved in the problem. You could all check on Google for " Sisoft Sandra"

At times I make mistakes too. I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect!! :-) :-) :-)

We can't get inside someones mind in a forum.

Yep... We all get annoying people from time to time. What are we going to do? Murder them...

agent
16-12-2002, 08:30 PM
That said, my request for help from PressF1 users returned nothing. So much for help. It is definitely a "self-help" forum - you have to figure it all out yourself.

vk_dre
16-12-2002, 08:36 PM
> That said, my request for help from PressF1 users
> returned nothing. So much for help. It is definitely
> a "self-help" forum - you have to figure it all out
> yourself.

That's quite a statement ur making agent, are u sure u have never been helped even once in this forum by another user with ur exisiting username or an old previous one?:D If u haven't, then u must be quite computer savy, unlike moi.:D

Clueless
16-12-2002, 08:36 PM
sometimes people know the answers, sometimes the dont.

Full refunds available at the door

.Clueless

crozier
16-12-2002, 08:39 PM
>That said, my request for help from PressF1 users returned nothing. So much for help. It is definitely a "self-help" forum - you have to figure it all out yourself.

You know, what you could have said is "thanks for the help, but it didn't provide a solution. But hey, thanks anyway!"

Instead, what you've done is alienate yourself!

As for the "self help" jibe, many of us learnt by figuring things out for ourselves long before this type of forum existed - want everything dished out on a plate with a cherry on top?

vk_dre
16-12-2002, 08:42 PM
> As for the "self help" jibe, many of us learnt by
> figuring things out for ourselves long before this
> type of forum existed - want everything dished out on
> a plate with a cherry on top?

Do u offer xtra ice cream with that cherry?:D

crozier
16-12-2002, 08:45 PM
Two scoops for you m8, Cyber Cherry Swirl ;)

vk_dre
16-12-2002, 08:53 PM
>>>> That said, my request for help from PressF1 users
>>> returned nothing. So much for help. It is definitely
>> a "self-help" forum - you have to figure it all out
> yourself.

Does the above statement have anything to do with this (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=28974&message=114785&q=#114785) thread? Just bump ur post up if nobody replies to it, then maybe someone will.:)

17-12-2002, 12:40 PM
have you guys notice that in americas army that when you are out doors in online and offline games, the mouse sensitivity seems to be slow but when you go in doors to a small room the sensitivity seems to be fine?.
can any one help

crozier
17-12-2002, 01:13 PM
>when you are out doors in online and offline games, the mouse sensitivity seems to be slow but when you go in doors to a small room the sensitivity seems to be fine?.

Perhaps it's been raining outdoors? I would suggest that you only play outdoors if you have a laptop - don't try it with a desk top because you may get an electric shock ;)

Baldy
17-12-2002, 01:27 PM
> That said, my request for help from PressF1 users
> returned nothing. So much for help. It is definitely
> a "self-help" forum - you have to figure it all out
> yourself.

Thats a pretty sad thing to say Agent. Most the people who come here for help end up helping others. People give unselfeshly of their time and expertise for nothing more than the satisfaction of trying to help others.

There are some extremely kind people here, who will go the extra mile for a complete stranger (as I found a week or so ag0 myself)

mark c
17-12-2002, 01:39 PM
Yes, good on you Baldy. I've had lots of help here and do what I can to be helpful. I think it's a great place.

And let all those detractors be reminded that it is free! (Well, to the users it is.)

I get quite put out (sensitive blossom I must be) when people are rude but then I do offline too.

Mostly it's great fun and informative and when I help someone I go around feeling good for days!

Merry :) Xmas :) to :) you :) all. mark :D c

(need a little santa hat smiley emoticon)

18-12-2002, 12:33 PM
> have you guys notice that in americas army that when
> you are out doors in online and offline games, the
> mouse sensitivity seems to be slow but when you go in
> doors to a small room the sensitivity seems to be
> fine?.
> can any one help
>
> TiMę:*)

Nonononononononon.... you guys got it all wrong..... not me go out side with my computer, but when i actually play the game and im inside the house but the character or player is out side in the map!!!

TGKI

18-12-2002, 12:51 PM
> > have you guys notice that in americas army that
> when
> > you are out doors in online and offline games, the
> > mouse sensitivity seems to be slow but when you go
> in
> > doors to a small room the sensitivity seems to be
> > fine?.
> > can any one help
> >
> > TiMę:*)
>
> Nonononononononon.... you guys got it all wrong.....
> not me go out side with my computer, but when i
> actually play the game and im inside the house but
> the character or player is out side in the map!!!
>
> TGKI

when (in the game) im out doors the mouse sensitivity is funny, im inside my house playing on my computer, and on the computer im playing outside maps on Americas Army!!! this is so hard to explain!!!!!!.
the game sensitivty is slow, i move the mouse..... about half a sec....!!!!!!@!!!!!! forget it, this is making me angry!!!! i can't explain any thing!!.

did you really get a free computer baldy??

TiMę:*(

crozier
18-12-2002, 12:56 PM
>forget it, this is making me angry!!!!

Chill out Tim - have you considered an anger management course?

18-12-2002, 12:57 PM
one more time....... im playing americas army inside my house. but in the game, "americas army", Im playing in a map thats in the mountains (out doors). !!!!?!@?#$%@$#%#@$@#$@%@#$@#$@#$@^#$. i need a bigger vocabulary\

TiMę:*|

nzStan
18-12-2002, 12:58 PM
LOL relax Tim, I know what ur saying.

I think it has something to do with Virtual Space. In a confine area, you have four walls to display, in open air, you have the hills (contoured), trees, wind, snow, rain etc. A lot more entities for the PC to keep track of. Try setting your details to medium and see if that will help.

Clueless
18-12-2002, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't worry about those who got it all wrong Tim, theres just some downright silly people in the forum and...........

Your description of the mouse problems made sense to me, and hopefully makes sense to someone who knows the answer.

No, i don't think Baldy got a free computer in the end, although there were certainly enough people willing to donate parts to get him a working slug to get him by. If you will do a wee search you will find the thread where Baldy managed to negociate his way out of having his computer reposessed.

.Clueless

18-12-2002, 12:59 PM
> >forget it, this is making me angry!!!!
>
> Chill out Tim - have you considered an anger
> management course?

Im not that angry......
im happy again. hhehehehhehehehej

crozier
18-12-2002, 01:02 PM
> i need a bigger vocabulary\

Cna you download a freeware one?

nzStan
18-12-2002, 01:04 PM
Tim, there is a command in AA to show frames per seconds (fps). I don't have the notes with me here but if you've played UT before its the same command.

If you watch the fps inside a room, it will drop quite a bit when you venture outside.

What kind of graphic card are you using?

18-12-2002, 01:07 PM
Ok, thanks every one for your help.... I'll put my details lower. Will my computer be albe to keep track of the entities when i play the game lots more and then followed by lots of defrags??

18-12-2002, 01:14 PM
> Tim, there is a command in AA to show frames per
> seconds (fps). I don't have the notes with me here
> but if you've played UT before its the same command.
>
> If you watch the fps inside a room, it will drop
> quite a bit when you venture outside.
>
> What kind of graphic card are you using?
>

Im using a Ge-force 2 mx 400 64mb.

Baldy
18-12-2002, 01:17 PM
I wouldn't worry about playing the American Army computer game Tim. The way Billy Boy is going, the American Army will be in NZ for real having a bit of the old R&R real soon.

Oh and pissi*g off all the NZ men if history is to be repeated LOL

nzStan
18-12-2002, 01:18 PM
No, ur fps will improve with combinations of

1. faster graphic card (at a minimum Ge Force 2MX)
2. more RAM
3. faster Processor

Any improvement on one or all of the above will give you better fps for your game and your mouse will react a lot faster. I couldn't believe how well I played once I dropped my voodoo (16MB) card for a GeForce2MX.

nzStan
18-12-2002, 01:23 PM
Tim, try turning off shadows or set it to low. Also try playing on 16bits color (in control panel, display setting). 32bits will slow your 2MX400. Try setting ur game screen size to 1024x768.

As you lower your settings, you will begin to hit the sweet spot for both inside and outside environment.

Chilling_Silence
18-12-2002, 01:25 PM
If that's not keeping up, and the game was optimised for that card according to the nVidia.com site, then reduce your screen resolution. 800x600 should work much better than 1024x768, and the difference isnt too bad unless you're on a large monitor or are sitting within 15cm of the screen!

Merry Christmas

Chilling_Silence

nzStan
18-12-2002, 01:26 PM
Note to Tim, when u set to 16bits color, some of the smoke in AA will change to green color.

nzStan
18-12-2002, 01:27 PM
Yeah like C_S said, update to latest NVidia driver. My AA game stop crashing when I updated mine.

18-12-2002, 01:29 PM
Ok, ill do all that, but does aa play fine on your computer??. do you have geforce2 mx 400 64mb aswell?

Chilling_Silence
18-12-2002, 01:31 PM
> Yeah like C_S said, update to latest NVidia driver.

Did I say update drivers? I thought I said it was optimised for it, but envertheless, they're at 41.09 and it'a a 16-17 meg download for 2K/XP

> My AA game stop crashing when I updated mine.

Yes, updating to the latest drivers usually does help with things like that, and 16Bit color is good too.. just a few sascrifices like that will make it much more playable. Just think, 2 weeks ago, the max I could squeeze out of my 64MB Onboard was 400x300 and getting about 40fps!

It was pretty pathetic.

Chilling_Silence
18-12-2002, 01:32 PM
I have a GeForce 4 mx 440 and im gonna try it out tonight. Have a look on the nVidia site and it says it was created with using that card in mind so they optimised it for that card (Im sure Ive said this before) so running at 16 bit with no other apps in the background going, and even a resolution of 800x600 should up your fps to around 60ish hopefuly!

Good luck

Chilling_Silence

nzStan
18-12-2002, 01:36 PM
SOLTEK FSB266, AMD1.4, 256MB DDR RAM, 40GB HD, GF2MX(32MB), Jetstart

I play Combat Flight Sim 2, Rogue Spear, OFP, Ghost Recon, Americas Army, BF1942, Raven Shield (demo) but NOT Counter Strike :P that's for noobies :P hehehehe joking

18-12-2002, 01:36 PM
where do i get the drivers for my g card... i looked on the nvidia site but dont no which one is right for me. can you help?. i have the 64mb geforce 2 mx card.

when you said change to 16 bit, do you mean 16 colors or high color 16bit?... if i change my monitors refresh rate would that help?

18-12-2002, 01:42 PM
i got 1.05 AMD Athlon xp (i brought a AMD Athlon xp 1.6 but in my computer details it says 1.05 clock speed. did i get ripped off?), 256DDR, GF@MX2(64mb), 40g 5400rpm. my computer should be able to handle aa easily but how come it doesn't??

Chilling_Silence
18-12-2002, 01:47 PM
16 Bit High Color...

No, You didnt get ripped off, check in the BIOS and change the DRAM frequency or a similar setting.

Drivers depend on your OS!
9x/ME:
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=win9x_41.09
XP/2K:
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_41.09

Refresh rate on the monitor wont affect it.

Cheers

Chilling_Silence

nzStan
18-12-2002, 01:47 PM
16bits high color.

My monitor is set at 60hz. You'll need to check your monitor manual for optimum setting.

Go here

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Select at
Start Here - Graphic Drivers
Step 2 - GeForce & TNT
Step 3 - select the O/S you are running.

Cheers

HOHOHO

18-12-2002, 02:12 PM
how do i go in my bios?, and remember when my cmos battery goes flat and my computer forgets the time it also puts every setting back to default and that was when i noticed that my clock speed was 1.05ghz when the clock speed should be 1.4ghz. are you sure that i have the right processor.

agent
18-12-2002, 02:23 PM
Just a little note:
most people refer to "problems with the mouse sensitivity" as "lag".
For example, you would say "the game lags when I am playing in outdoor areas of the maps, but not indoor areas". Lag is caused because your computer cannot keep up with what you are trying to do.

Chilling_Silence
18-12-2002, 02:29 PM
yup, there should be two settings, change them to:
133/133
and It should boost it up to the full speed!

Try pressing DEL as it does the RAM check!

nzStan
18-12-2002, 02:37 PM
> Just a little note:
> most people refer to "problems with the mouse
> sensitivity" as "lag".
> For example, you would say "the game lags when I am
> playing in outdoor areas of the maps, but not indoor
> areas". Lag is caused because your computer cannot
> keep up with what you are trying to do.

To be technically correct, lag is caused by internet packets not arriving on time. It has nothing to do with the mouse. In most cases your mouse will work as normal. You will shoot at someone but the hits will not register. Then in a flash the target zooms to the other side of the map. That is lag, but some noobies will call it cheating instead.

18-12-2002, 02:40 PM
How are you guys so sure that i didn't get ripped off?.

agent
18-12-2002, 02:50 PM
So when I play Quake 3 with all settings on high and the resolution the same as my desktop resolution, and the game goes incredibly slow, that's not lag? :^O
Most people refer to that as lag, which is why I said "most people" in my post.
I also said 'most people refer to "problems with the mouse sensitivity" as "lag"' because I thought that what Tim was actually experiencing was what I, and many other people, refer to as "lag".

raddersnz
18-12-2002, 02:52 PM
Tim, for some reason the processor people like to give the maximum rate and not the recommended one. If you run it at maximum it might run out of juice, or overheat. If you run it at recommended it will give you the best results per cycle. Some people do overclock their CPU's and find it is worth while, but the manufacturer has it set at a pretty good speed.

To enter your BIOS, you may need to press one of a few keys.
First try Esc
Then try F1
.............F2
.............F3
etc...........

It could be any of them. If the first one doesn't work, reboot and try again.

radz:p

Chilling_Silence
18-12-2002, 02:58 PM
> How are you guys so sure that i didn't get ripped
> off?.
>

Same thing happened to me with my AMD Athlon XP 1700+ about 2 weeks ago when I was building my PC! I thought I'd broken it, turns out AMD Athlon XP's default to that, as I spoke to a few others and they said the same thing, once Id actually figured it out for myself... wasnt much help, but yeah, check in the BIOS!

18-12-2002, 03:09 PM
I cant find the Dram option, i'll look harder.

Chilling_Silence
18-12-2002, 03:14 PM
It might be called Ram Frequency or something similar. You will see it says 100Mhz somewhere, that can be changed to 133 and there's also another setting too.

Try just going through systematically, starting at the top of the left column (If your BIOS has the same layout as mine, should do....) and working your way down, then go to the top of the right column.

Dont worry, you'll get it easy enough.

crozier
18-12-2002, 03:20 PM
>So when I play Quake 3 with all settings on high and the resolution the same as my desktop resolution, and the game goes incredibly slow, that's not lag?
Most people refer to that as lag, which is why I said "most people" in my post.
I also said 'most people refer to "problems with the mouse sensitivity" as "lag"' because I thought that what Tim was actually experiencing was what I, and many other people, refer to as "lag".

That's not lag. Re-read what nzStan said. Every year millions of lemmings throw themselves of cliffs. Because so many of them do it, it must be a good idea?

nzStan
18-12-2002, 03:21 PM
> So when I play Quake 3 with all settings on high and
> the resolution the same as my desktop resolution, and
> the game goes incredibly slow, that's not lag? :^O
> Most people refer to that as lag, which is why I said
> "most people" in my post.
> I also said 'most people refer to "problems with the
> mouse sensitivity" as "lag"' because I thought that
> what Tim was actually experiencing was what I, and
> many other people, refer to as "lag".

LOL no. That is not lag. We call that under-performance, lack of grunt, under-powered, not up to spec etc etc (and those are the nice terms we use).

Lag is known as the plague of online gaming. It is the slowness/latency of your data connection. The higher your ping, the more likely you will 'lag' during online games. If others see you with a 1000+ ping in their game, they call you a 'lagger'. Someone who is lagging will be hard to hit, and will usually cause other players to experience lags as well.

Take for example, if you play Battlefield 1942 on 56K modem. You'll play reasonably alright on 16 players servers. But if you play on a 32 or 64 players server, your game will become laggy, because the data from 32 or 64 players cannot reach your PC in time. So your game begin to stutter (ie lag).

If you play BF1942 offline and it still behaves like a 64player session, then your PC is not up to spec to play the game.

Chilling_Silence
18-12-2002, 03:33 PM
Anything over 250ms and you're considered to suffer from Lag.

I was transferring some files between my two PC's (Before I upgraded the switch from 10MBPS to 100) while playing UnrealTournament, and the lag was around 300ms, I found it unbearable, trying to hit a played who'd left the position over 1/4 second ago, that's a sniper's screen length 3-4x over!

nzStan is right, its commonly known as an "Ageing" system that "Has not got enough Grunt" to run the game :)

Either that, or the mouse is buggered

18-12-2002, 03:34 PM
Thanks C_S i found the setting under CPU&PnP setup. and you were right, my cpu speed is back to normal.
hahahahhahha, even I no what lag is

TiMę*)

Chilling_Silence
18-12-2002, 03:37 PM
:D

I just wish somebody had been able to tell me, I posted exactly the same question about the speed.. I ended up reading a reveiw online somewhere.

What's happening now with the frame rates in AA now that you've dropped some of the settings mentioned?

nzStan
18-12-2002, 03:43 PM
> Thanks C_S i found the setting under CPU&PnP setup.
> and you were right, my cpu speed is back to normal.
> hahahahhahha, even I no what lag is
>
> TiMę*)

Right. Where can C_S and I send our bills to? :p

18-12-2002, 03:48 PM
I havnt tryed playing aa yet, Im doloading the latest driver right now.
hehehehe you twos reward can be my respect to you two and my friendship, hhehehehehehe

You two have been the biggist help.

agent
18-12-2002, 03:48 PM
Ah, I remember Lemmings...
But Lemmings cannot help but throw themselves off cliffs, it's a natural instinct. Although you say lag is only applicable in multiplayer games (I'm no blockhead, I know what lag and ping time in multiplayer games are), lag is also a term many people (though obviously not you people) use in singleplayer games, such as "goddam, my computer's lagging so much". It is also used when you are not even playing a game, and can't be bothered saying "my computer's hanging", so they say "my computer's lagging"... both fit equally well.

rayonline
18-12-2002, 03:51 PM
where is this file??
armyops140_smpm.exe (325.32 MB)

i presume i need to download all the files,
it does says need 3 CD layouts to play rite

Rayonline

Chilling_Silence
18-12-2002, 03:53 PM
BTW, You may wanna have a look around the nVidia site at the myriad of other stuff that they've got there... Read up about your graphics card and other stuff... I'll see If I can find the link for AA on nVidia...

Chilling_Silence
18-12-2002, 03:55 PM
Ooooh, I'll answer rayonline Q while Im at it:
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=army_download

Download it here... and Tim, Click on the link over the left called "Games: America's Army: Operations and Soldiers"

The download is split into 3 parts, and yes, it is large... dunno what this stuff about a CD is though!

rayonline
18-12-2002, 04:00 PM
u mean the 3 files are this file:
armyops140_smpm.exe (325.32 MB)

weird ......
nividia's site.

nzStan
18-12-2002, 04:21 PM
Ray, try this.

Go to ftp://jetstreamgames.co.nz/pub/americasarmy/

Download armyops130.exe. This file is 281MB but its located in NZ so the download time would be faster.

Then download http://download.nvidia.com/downloads/Army/1.4.0/aao_patch_130to140.exe which is a patch from 1.3 to 1.4. File size is 43MB.

Good lick! :p

nzStan
18-12-2002, 04:26 PM
Or try this site

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/americasarmy/

Where I download most of my patches and games.

18-12-2002, 04:30 PM
Hi nzStan, do you have the console command to look at the fps yet?

nzStan
18-12-2002, 04:38 PM
I'll let ya know tomorrow.

18-12-2002, 07:24 PM
Thanks guys, the mouse sensitivey is fine now

18-12-2002, 07:32 PM
I got a problem!!. my honor is down to zero!! I don't no how that happend but how do i get it up again?

rayonline
18-12-2002, 07:48 PM
> I got a problem!!. my honor is down to zero!! I don't
> no how that happend but how do i get it up again?

i cant even start the game :_l
i have a laptop wif a crap video card.

Baldy
18-12-2002, 08:57 PM
> I got a problem!!. my honor is down to zero!! I don't
> no how that happend but how do i get it up again?
>

Your honor was down to zero ages ago. You've improved since then Tim

crozier
18-12-2002, 09:00 PM
>Your honor was down to zero ages ago. You've improved since then Tim

One of those lines that I wish I'd said

nzStan
18-12-2002, 11:00 PM
Tim,

To view the FPS rate in game go to this AA FAQ link and read the available commands

http://www.americasarmy.com/faq.php?section=Multiplayer#multiplayer16

You press the command key ie ~ (the tile key)
Then type in "stat argument fps"

nzStan
18-12-2002, 11:04 PM
Tim,

Re your honour being zero, read following FAQ

http://www.americasarmy.com/faq.php?section=Multiplayer#multiplayer15

Your honor will increase as you play. You start with zero.

19-12-2002, 09:43 AM
I started of with 3 as honor but when I did some online games, I tked.
now my honor is down to zero!! and i can't join online games cause my honor is zero!!
I'll do the training again.

nzStan
19-12-2002, 03:05 PM
Yup, tk'ing is a big no-no, not even if unintentional. So its off to prison for ya Tim (that's what will happen when someone TK'ed in AA. They are dropped from the game and the screen changed to a locked prison cell and all you can hear is someone playing a blue tune with a harmonica).

They would have set a ban on you between a few minutes to a few days depending on the severity of your TK'ing. No amount of training will help.

19-12-2002, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I made another account and finish basic training. On the part where you have to jump of the plane is funnie, i finished it on my yankadoodle account but i cant with my new one, i land in the circle and all, even landed with full health, any tips for me?

http://wwww.cs-clanswat.tk

Baldy
19-12-2002, 04:54 PM
LOL.......... Whats TK'ing

nzStan
19-12-2002, 05:20 PM
TK'ing is team-killing ie intentionally or un-intentionally killing your team mates. Some of the lower-IQ gamers think its funny to shoot you for your gun, shoot indiscriminately, or thow a grenade without thinking. The penalty is the game server will ban you from all official AA servers for a period of time.

Tim, with the new patch, don't adjust your chute, let it drift down until you see the circle. If you time it right, you only need to pull forward a wee bit to land in the circle. Remember to flare 2 seconds before landing.

Took me a few jumps before I realise 1.4 is not as easy as 1.1.

20-12-2002, 03:27 PM
> Tim, with the new patch, don't adjust your chute, let
> it drift down until you see the circle. If you time
> it right, you only need to pull forward a wee bit to
> land in the circle. Remember to flare 2 seconds
> before landing.

Got it. Do i have to download sniper school or is it part of ranger thingy?

nzStan
20-12-2002, 03:41 PM
To qualify for sniper school. You need to attend Basic (where they teach you to shoot your M16). I can't recall how many targets you need to hit but if I remember correctly you cannot miss more than 4 targets. If you can achieve that, then the sniper school map becomes available for you. If you really want to go to sniper school, keep going for basic course until you can hit all the targets. In sniper school you can practice as long as you want but when you take the test, you get one shot only. So time your breathing before squeezing the trigger.

nzStan
20-12-2002, 03:43 PM
You need to play MOUT McKenna and Swamp camp before you are allowed to play other maps. These two maps sort of certify that you know how to shoot, and have some basic teamwork ability.

20-12-2002, 05:04 PM
I finish the jumping of the play one, and what do you mean by time my breathing?, and are you sure you only get one shot to past sniper school?. Did you past sniper school?

I want to past sniper school cause im in to snipering now, look at my new clan name http://www.clanswat.orcon.net.nz/members.html

nzStan
20-12-2002, 05:10 PM
The sniper school motto is "one bullet, one kill". So yes, you have one target and only one bullet. You miss the target and its back to sniper school again.

Yes I passed sniper school. You need to listen to your computer character's breathing. Watch when the sight is the most steady (note: not while you're drawing breath).

21-12-2002, 01:16 PM
When do you shoot to get the best results, I shoot after the character breaths out and I can't hear the character breath unless I zoom in with the z button.
Ooh, I past the part when you jump out of the plane thanks for your tips, and my honor is 9 thanks to a grenade accident!!.

Elephant
21-12-2002, 01:28 PM
This game sounds good!!!

Time I downloaded this one.

Nobody phone. :-)

21-12-2002, 04:24 PM
Of coarse its good, Its highly realistic and fast in internet games.

22-12-2002, 09:49 AM
HAHAHAHHAHA. I did it!!!!. I got expert in marksman and i past the quallified for the first sniper rifle!!!!!!, the aim is so crazy, it points every were buy it self!!.
take a look at my screenshots(i croped the pics so it won't take as long to load)

my cs stats
http://www.clanswat.orcon.net.nz/timsstats.jpg

me qualifying in expert
http://www.clanswat.orcon.net.nz/untitled.jpg

22-12-2002, 11:30 AM
I got a prob. I did the training for the first sniper rifle, and past on the first go, then I was doing training for the second sniper rifle, i didnt finish it and exited AA to post the first a thread above, then I went to play online but I didnt get a chance to use the sniper rifle because its a random weapon, then I got kicked from the game cause i was winning about how to get the sniper rifle and annoying a sniper on my team causing me to shoot me. so I decided to try and qulify for the other sniper rilfe that wasnt random but then it says its not avaliable!!

take a look at this screenshot, Im not lieing!!
http://www.clanswat.orcon.net.nz/untitled1.jpg

did i just kill my chance of snipering? :*|

22-12-2002, 12:47 PM
Don't worry abouy it, it just suddenly got avaliable and I qualifyed for the gun.
heheh, time to sniper!!

22-12-2002, 12:49 PM
Don't worry abouy it, it just suddenly got avaliable and I qualifyed for the gun.
heheh, time to sniper!!

ooh and have you noticed the the aim is off, the verticle crosshair is a tad moved to much to the right and the horizontle crosshair stick is a tad moved to the bottom?

nzStan
22-12-2002, 01:20 PM
Everybody wants the sniper gun and its limited to maybe 1 or 2 per side in a map. The server will allocate the weapons, so you'll have to wait your turn.

23-12-2002, 08:54 AM
> Everybody wants the sniper gun and its limited to
> maybe 1 or 2 per side in a map. The server will
> allocate the weapons, so you'll have to wait your
> turn.

I noticed that. I still havent had my turn sniping online yet!!. Is the M-82 a random gun like the M2-4?

Baldy
23-12-2002, 09:38 AM
Do they have Tommy Guns.

You could kill everyone with one pull of the trigger and then get to use all the guns for yourself cause everyone would be dead.

What a lovely little game to play at Xmas LOL

nzStan
23-12-2002, 11:10 AM
Play the Battlefield 1942 demo. The US medics carry the Thompson. (demo file also found at the JSG FTP server.

Chilling_Silence
24-12-2002, 09:37 AM
I've just got ma hands on a demo DVD-CD that has 4.7 gigs of games/demo's.

I installed AA:O off the CD, and updated the game to 1.21 (All on the CD in 3 files, main game, 1.20 update and then the 1.21 updater).
However, I can only do the training on the first range with the m16 (I think) gun where you have to hit at least 23 of 40 targets!

Am I missing something, It tell me to login, and I know Im just missing something really stupid here...

Please help

Chilling_Silence

Veale
24-12-2002, 09:49 AM
I've had that same problem as well, I would do that one M16 mission, then try and continue. It would always take me back to the start screen where everything was still locked.

I think you are meant to be connected to the internet and send them your score, but I tried this and it took too long.

Veale

Chilling_Silence
24-12-2002, 09:54 AM
Do I need to register somewhere?

nzStan
24-12-2002, 10:09 AM
You need to register an online account at Americas Army. The account will keep a record of your score as you progress through the training.

http://www.americasarmy.com/register.php

BTW - you need to update to version 1.4 otherwise you can't join any of the local NZ or Australian servers. Files can be downloaded locally at ftp://jetstreamgames.co.nz/pub/americasarmy/

Good luck. I'll try to get a few games of AA this Xmas/New Year break. My callsign is Chainsaw.

nzStan
24-12-2002, 10:10 AM
One more thing. You need to be connected to the internet while going through training otherwise your training result can't be transmitted.

Chilling_Silence
24-12-2002, 10:21 AM
Is there any single-player mode for it at all??

nzStan
24-12-2002, 10:59 AM
There are no Single Player maps except for trainings. There are no Bots in AA.

You can train on Basic, Weaponry, Sniper (if you qualified) and Airborne tower and Airborne plane jump.

AA is meant as a recruitment tool by the US Army. The whole concept is to play as a team, and their maps are designed for that purpose.

You are required to go through the training, then play on some of the internet multi-player laser-tag maps (eg McKenna, Swamp, FLS etc) before you qualify for 'live weapons maps' ie Bridge, Mountain Pass, Weapon Cache etc.

I recommend patience - its not simple, but once you're online (even with your 56K modems) you'll discover its a very exciting game when playing with a Kick-Ass team.

24-12-2002, 12:00 PM
The AA 1.5 patch is out.

nzStan
24-12-2002, 12:10 PM
And it can be downloaded from http://www.3dgamers.com/games/americasarmy/

raddersnz
01-02-2003, 08:17 PM
Does anyone know where you can get a copy of an America's Army Server edition (if there is one).
Lets say I wanted to host my own server and have AA running on it - what do I need to do?:|
Tim?:|
NZStan?:|
Anyone?:|

radz:p

Chilling_Silence
01-02-2003, 10:37 PM
Im not too sure about hosting a server, but you may want to check the AA : Ops forum here (http://www.americasarmy.com/forum/index.php):D

Cheers

Chilling_Silence

Greg S
01-02-2003, 11:18 PM
You just need to edit your server information in the ArmyOps folder on your PC, included in your original download. Oh, and sign up for a server registration online. Most of the info is in the pdf manual.

Remember though, that you need a true top-spec'd machine to play on your own server from the same machine while it's open to the public, or use another networked machine.

If any kiwis start getting good, and would like to form a clan, please give me a yell.