PDA

View Full Version : Saving image in Internet Explorer

Mark Veldhuizen
15-12-2002, 10:59 AM
Being a fan of wallpapers i often go to graphic sites like Win Customize and Deskmod. Anywho, when i click on a wallpaper it loads in IE and, after :set to desktop: i like to save it for later use but it always saves as a BMP and i cant select any other format.

WINDOWS XP SP1
INTERNET EXPLORER 6
SILVER XP THEME
256mb DDR 2100 RAM
32mb GEFORCE 2 GO200 GFX
20GB HDD

Mike
15-12-2002, 11:02 AM
Are you right-clicking on the picture are selecting "Save Picture As"? I think usually when you do this it gives you the option of saving as a BMP (for wallpaper) and as the file format the image is already in. However since most wallpapers are actually BMPs, a lot of wallpaper sites only have their images available in BMP format, therefore you'll only be able to save it as a BMP - you'll need to use a picture program to change the format the image is saved in.

HTH

Mike.

Jen C
15-12-2002, 11:09 AM
When you right click over the image and select "save picture as..", in the save dialog box that opens up you might have the option under save as type as saving as a jpeg or some other format.

Another option is just to save it and then open it up with your photoediting software, or even Paint, and then select what format to save it in from there.