PDA

View Full Version : Error 2755 Installing office 2000 on windows XP

Rach
09-12-2002, 08:19 PM
Help - When installing office 2000 i get message 'Internal error 2755: Plese contact product support for assistance'

I have looked up this message on google and there is lots of info but I cant seem to figure this out.

Microsoft advise changing the permissions on the intaller folder to be Everyone - read Administrators - full System - full. How do you do this? I cannot find where this is. I have opened the properties on this folder but cannot see where to do this. I have tried sharing the folder by copying it to the shared documents folder.
This has not helped. Any ideas anyone??

cyberchuck
10-12-2002, 10:37 AM
Hey

I wouldn't worry too much about Microsofts advice for the time been.. I would just reccomend for now that you open the CD drive (with the Office CD in) right click on setup.exe (or whatever it is) and click Run as Administrator, type in your administrator password and this should sort it out

CyberChuck

Rach
10-12-2002, 04:20 PM
Thanks but I have had no luck. Under Run there is only my name ie rach so I assume I am computer administrator. I run it from in there but still the same message!! Any more ideas?