PDA

View Full Version : I forgot my XP password

nzskibum
08-12-2002, 01:08 PM
I have forgotten my XP login password and do not have a guest account set up. Is there any way I can access my account or create a new one with full access settings?

nz_liam
08-12-2002, 01:32 PM
There is a thing knowen as a "passowrd change boot disk", which migth do what you want... *Goes to get link

nz_liam
08-12-2002, 01:40 PM
Have a lookl at this page; http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ you might find it usefull...

BTW Windows XP is actually Windows NT 5.1 (with a flashy name)... So it should work... Another alternative If you just need to get documents out of your machine (i.e. before you reload it) is to use knoppix to access your NTFS drive and save yor stuff to removable media.

Cheers

Liam

nzskibum
08-12-2002, 05:52 PM
thanks, but i couldn't make much sense of what was on that site.

has anyone else got suggestions to help me get control back over my computer?

nz_liam
08-12-2002, 09:34 PM
Well, here's a better solution, DON'T FORGET YOUR PASSWORD, and a very simple and effective one too I might add, (Hell, I use a 16 digit password for most things, containing upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols and I don't forget that every other day, (I would be out of business if I did)).

Seriously here are your options;
1. Use the password change disk to change your PC's password and gain control of your PC.
2. Take you PC into the shop and they will use the same password change disk and charge you $60+ for it.
3. Use knoppix to rescue your important files and then reload you computer.

Cheers

Liam