PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or is nzoom knackered?

robo
07-12-2002, 06:36 AM
I've been trying on and off all night and I can't get it to load at all. Most annoying.
Anyone else noticed it?
robo.

E.ric
07-12-2002, 07:41 AM
Hi Rob
Please give us the URL I just went to http://onenews.nzoom.com/ and it was all right.

A strange thing happened the other day I went to the BBC web site and it looked like it had been fire bomb by a virus. Maybe I was visiting with Konqueror, Try http://www.bbcworld.com/Content/clickonline/default.asp none of the links work

Iris
07-12-2002, 08:52 AM
Just tried it myself and it's working ok for me. Loaded up quickly.

Perhaps too many people were trying to access it??

Iris

robo
07-12-2002, 09:15 AM
Yes, it's back now, been down all night (I was trying from around 11pm through to 7am).
robo.

wotz
07-12-2002, 09:27 AM
I had trouble with nzoom in the early days so wrote it off as useless. Onl page I use now is tv schedule.

robo
07-12-2002, 01:02 PM
It used to be pretty good but suffers from bloat horribly these days. Ads that scream, tell you that you deserve revlon because you're worth it (and I know I am not) and that sort of thing. But now and again it isn't a bad spot for sport news and local news.
robo.

Dolby Digital
07-12-2002, 05:33 PM
robo,

I'm sure you deserve that revlon... soft supple skin.

Maybe nzoom should be knackered all the time :D

willbry
07-12-2002, 05:36 PM
Like WOTZ I only use it for the TV programmes but have found over the last two days the left third of the programme page vanishes altogether about 10 seconds after being accessed. Detailed programme description windows also annoyingly become blank after a few seconds and have to be continually reaccessed to complete reading them. I don't know whether it's me or the zoom site.
willbry

Peter
07-12-2002, 06:02 PM
Mebe it's having a 'PressF1' attack!

:- )

Stone Cold
09-12-2002, 11:58 AM
Hey Willbry, I have not had any probs with nzoom schedules, in fact I think the ontv schedules are excellent. Maybe it IS just you, this time... :o)

willbry
10-12-2002, 07:35 PM
Maybe Stone Cold but every other web page I access appears stable except the TV Schedule and "Stuff" Home page. For the TV schedule I get a rectangle whiteout on the right side of the page about !!cm X 9cm giving me a full left side half page and a narrow readable strip top and bottom on the right side. With "Stuff " it's the opposite, the rectangle whiteout is on' the left side of the page. The odd thing is that the nzoom homepage behaves normally but not the TV page. If the problem is in my settings why doesn't the problem manifest itself on every web page? It's got me beat
willbry

kiwibeat
20-12-2002, 07:10 PM
try thisa site for tv listings
http://home.nzcity.co.nz/tvnow/tvguide.asp?c=w

willbry
20-12-2002, 07:33 PM
Thanks Kiwibeat.This site is OK for straight listings but the NZoom site will give you a descriptive breakdown of each programme in detail. Actually the problem I've been having , mysteriously rectified iteself a couple of days ago so all is OK again.
cheers
willbry