PDA

View Full Version : Whats everyone getting for christmas?

Sam H
06-12-2002, 12:21 AM
What are you all getting for christmas?

Preferably computer related...

duckyduck
06-12-2002, 05:17 AM
the usual.................nothing.

Billy T
06-12-2002, 07:53 AM
I usually get a depleted bank balance, but my nearest and dearest seem to get a pile of pressies.

Cheers

Billt 8-{) :D

Mandy Fisher
06-12-2002, 08:14 AM
This is what I got for Christmas, I treated myself to a computer about 2 months ago....but now I have problems with my CPU making grinding noises it seems my CPU will be spending time at the PC Company over Christmas!!!! Bummer...
Mandy

crozier
06-12-2002, 08:14 AM
Everything I deserve....... nothing! :( :(

gibler
06-12-2002, 08:28 AM
Hopefully, a nice digital camera.

Unfortunely it will be a present to me from me :(

SKT174
06-12-2002, 09:13 AM
Open up the side panels and check all the fans .. most of the grinding noises starts from there .. :D most of the time is just the fan blade hitting some wires or something :)

Cheers

Quicker than sending back to PC Company :P

Synchronised_Thoughts
06-12-2002, 09:19 AM
IM getting a web cam...FINALY:)G)

SYnchrnised_thoughts

SKT174
06-12-2002, 09:20 AM
Sorry ... forgot to post what I want for X'mas :D

My house mortage disappeared :D then can buy most of the things I want :^O

Naraku Kasai
06-12-2002, 10:53 AM
Age of mythology + Site hosting will hopefully come down the chimmney.

fergie
06-12-2002, 11:05 AM
!!!A new 40gb Hardrive :)!!!

(which will be a bit better than the 8gb i got a mo)

Which will mean i'll be able to install some of the games i've got (but ain't plyed) like AoM, Combat flite sim 3......

crozier
06-12-2002, 11:09 AM
> Age of mythology

You'll enjoy that - I couldn't rely on ears hearing my gentle hints so I just had to preorder it. Got it on the day of release but no time to play it this side of Christmas - but Christmas week will be devoted to it :)

Neil McC
06-12-2002, 11:13 AM
I've been allowed to get mine (get mine!) early,seeing the grandchildren are doing their end of year gym etc demos.Got a new camcorder that will play my old analogue video 8 tapes.So watch out godfather,there're bound to be more questions once I've got used to the USB side of things.
:D Next up a firewire card. Well,once the Visa bill drops a bit. :-(

Clueless
06-12-2002, 11:59 AM
I've lit the fire to stop Satan coming down the chimney so i probably wont get anything.

.Clueless

Big John
06-12-2002, 12:39 PM
A $550 shavor. It has a computer built into it.

Chilling_Silence
06-12-2002, 02:13 PM
> I've lit the fire to stop Satan coming down the
> chimney so i probably wont get anything.
>

Havent you heard? He's using the front door this year :D

I've just had the parts arrive at home for my AMD Athlon XP 1700+ so y'all wont be getting any posts from me tonight, unless I happen to do something majorly wrong! ;)

Susan B
06-12-2002, 02:27 PM
I got my Chrissy/bday pressie a couple of weeks ago - this Beautiful Beast. :-)

Doesn't matter that I had to work all year to pay for it. :D

Maybe Santa might like to put the network card in my stocking..... or maybe I'll just go and buy it myself and make sure I get the right one. :p

honeylaser
06-12-2002, 02:54 PM
> Maybe Santa might like to put the network card in my
> stocking..... or maybe I'll just go and buy it myself
> and make sure I get the right one. :p

Yes, never trust loved ones to get you the correct bits. I got some Mac software 2 xmases ago... *sigh*

I'm wishing for a laptop, maybe one of these (http://www.desknote.net/a928.html), or maybe one of these (http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/pc/pc_tabletPcDetail.jsp?comm=CS). Keep an eye out for laptop shaped pressies under the tree this year :D

raddersnz
06-12-2002, 04:06 PM
Well....... robo has promised a nett of $5500 worth of goodies.:D
I'm gonna try and get my share:p

Otherwise just a lot of hugs and kisses

rads:P

Susan B
06-12-2002, 04:09 PM
i-Buddie 4: mmm honey, I think I could quite easily fall in love all over again... :x :D

I wonder if this Beautiful Beast would like a sister? ;-)

goes off to print page to leave lying around just in case Santa wins Lotto

Wilky
06-12-2002, 05:22 PM
I'm getting a digital camera! :D

rayonline
06-12-2002, 06:05 PM
No comp stuff.
Hopefully pair of Oakleys e-wires and a NetMD walkman.
Looking to intl travel into the new yr.

Jen C
06-12-2002, 06:07 PM
I would like Santa to bring me some decent photo-editing software - Ulead Photoexpress 3 just doesn't quite cut the mustard!! :D

A DVD player could come in handy too .....

Clueless
06-12-2002, 06:19 PM
> > I've lit the fire to stop Satan coming down the
> > chimney so i probably wont get anything.
> >
>
> Havent you heard? He's using the front door this year
> :D

My better½ told me this afternoon after i read this to her, that i must "wait at the door with a bottle of beer and a carrot" on Xmas eve, and "some xmas cake for afterwards" ?:| This Xmas thing gets more complex every year.

-=JM=-
06-12-2002, 07:06 PM
Well I'm getting an Asus 16x DVD-ROM drive.

Dunno what else

falvrez
06-12-2002, 07:59 PM
Anyone who's got Satan coming down the chimney has problems!

I'm hoping for Santa - you can have Satan.

falvrez
06-12-2002, 08:01 PM
Watch out for that Daniel - they put thos elovely break easy stickers around the case edges so that "your warranty may be void" if you break the stickers by removing the panel/s...

I do hear that the PC Comapny is releaseing a whole new case design - anything is better than those crap ones they have now.

tones_malones
06-12-2002, 09:11 PM
i found my xmas present and im so annoyed cos i want it now!!!
it was a digital camera...ahhh i love my folkes just that lil bit more ;)

Tones

Archibald
06-12-2002, 10:46 PM
I am also getting a Asus 16x DVD-ROM drive (I am hoping)

Age of Mythology, thought I would of had time to play this when I finished my studies for the year, but still no go.

A

Ritzz
06-12-2002, 11:58 PM
Ummmm,

I am not getting anything but my wish list has:

Gigabyte GA-7VAXP Ultra
Athlon XP 2800+
ATI All-in-Wonder 9700 Pro
ViewSonic 19" TFT LCD

Thats about all from PC side of things.

And of course if strike it lucky on powerball this weekend :D :D
A Ferrari Enzo is a must :)

Ohh and i might just fulfill each of the wishlist on this thread :x

Cheers

mark c
07-12-2002, 07:53 AM
Probly the same as I got last year - nothing.

But I go to neighbours (and friend's) place and we have a lazy :)brunch/lunch thing and all their (teen/young adult) kids will be there and it is really laid back and wonderful.

I like christmas because everyone's meant to be nice and that goes a long way with me. B-)

mark :D c

ntddevsys
07-12-2002, 12:25 PM
Umm lets see
work , work and more work which equals

MONEY

Clueless
07-12-2002, 12:37 PM
>Umm lets see
>work , work and more work which equals

>MONEY

:D Hopefully thats what Xmas/newyears will give me too!

.Clueless

John W
07-12-2002, 07:18 PM
WELL it was a 1.3Mpixel Digital Camera, that records 90sec movies with sound as well, for $250, but my wife couldnt wait, today she demanded I unwrap it, explain to her how to use and download pictures, I havent seen it since!!!

True

prue
07-12-2002, 07:45 PM
XP for dummies to me from me and a pack of 16 AAA batteries @ $5or$6 for the greedy little pencam. Because it's so greedy with batteries I mostly take the flower to the computer and do it connected to the PC._ that is the photos for my plant website. Prue

dipstick01
07-12-2002, 07:56 PM
Santa has been early. I got a Home theatre system and a new graphics card for my beastie and an awesome set of TDK tremor speakers so my music sounds real not like elevator music.
( don't you hate knowing the words to the muzac they play in elevators?)

vk_dre
07-12-2002, 08:28 PM
i've sent santa a detailed email of wot i want.:D I'll probably get the sleek chrome Philips Flatscreen LCD Monitor with A/V in and A/V out that was described in this month's PCworld Mag for $1200 (santa must have a very large budget) and also GTA Vice City for playstation 2.

cheers,
v.K

nz_liam
08-12-2002, 01:12 AM
Hmm, Christmas...

What I want: Well I could really use another HDD... I have already run out of space with all my data and my Linux ISO's, (4 3-CD Set distributions and another 2 on the way does chew through the space...)

What I am getting: Well the folks want to give me a “non material gift” :groan:… and no I’m not telling you what it is…. (The mystery deepens)…

Cheers

Liam

BTW, all HDD donations will be gladly accepted :D (Nothing under 40GB please :p).

E.ric
08-12-2002, 07:36 AM
I would like a new job !! and a new boss !!

A job were I work my hart out eight hours a day and know I can go home at the end of the day exhausted knowing I am going to get paid for the eight hours worked.

None of this fixing electronic crap, were you work frustrated all day, and go home stressed out, There is not one happy customer today, if just one customer said "please" or "thank you" I would work into the night to try and fix their thing to get it fixed, if we had the parts, they cheese me off so much when I hung up most times from customers I fell like going home, they are a pane in the neck,. they say things like you have had for three weeks now, but each day we have had it we have done as much as we can on it. then there is other stuff we have to watch as it is cheaper to buy a replacement at the warehouse, I would like to say more but I think I started off saying too much.

honeylaser
09-12-2002, 07:59 AM
> i-Buddie 4: mmm honey, I think I could quite easily
> fall in love all over again... :x :D
>
> I wonder if this Beautiful Beast would like a sister?
> ;-)
>
> goes off to print page to leave lying around
> just in case Santa wins Lotto

Funny isn't it how a cool exterior and some funky colours really distracts you from the fact that the machine is kinda underpowered? I'm such a consumer!

BTW - Someone has been selling the I-Buddie on TradeMe (yellow, silver and blue models), so you might be in luck if you're wanting one! I don't know of any suppliers who distribute the brand in NZ. If anyone does, I may be interested :D

raddersnz
09-12-2002, 04:44 PM
> Hmm, Christmas...
>
> What I want: Well I could really use another
> HDD... I have already run out of space with all my
> data and my Linux ISO's, (4 3-CD Set distributions
> and another 2 on the way does chew through the
> space...)

> Cheers
>
> Liam
>
> BTW, all HDD donations will be gladly accepted :D
> (Nothing under 40GB please :p).

Whoops, I was about to say you should just keep them on the CD:p
Maybe you should reinvest that beer money somewhere else:p:D:p

nzgreeneyes
09-12-2002, 07:24 PM
I'd like a boss that doesn't yell & swear @ me in public when he's stressed out! That isn't a sleaze bag & talks dirty all the time.
GR8 job - H8 boss's unprofessional behaviour, I'm not quitting cause of him but if I ask him not to - he sends me formal warnings so how can a girl win in this male dominated industry?

honeylaser
10-12-2002, 07:44 AM
> so how can a girl win in
> this male dominated industry?

Read this (http://xtramsn.co.nz/business/0,,5008-1900214,00.html)... and check out this site here (http://www.womenintechnology.co.nz/) :D

Clueless
10-12-2002, 08:56 AM
>I'd like a boss that doesn't yell & swear @ me in public

>but if I ask him not to - he sends me formal warnings

Well your single brain celled boss has pretty much dug his own grave with those 2! If he ever does sack you you could take him to court and get a small fortune out of him. People who insist on making a fool of themselves in public with abusive behaviour tend not to do well in court when trying to claim rightful dismisal. Don't be too intimidated, and move on when you are ready. Fortunatly not everyone is not as stupid as "boss".

.Clueless

Chilling_Silence
10-12-2002, 09:07 AM
Hey, dont forget to phone santa (or in .Clueless's case - Satan) on Nationwide Freephone:
0800 222 222
I hope you actually get him, All I get is voicemail!

Merry Christmas to all!

Chilling_Silence

Clueless
10-12-2002, 09:20 AM
Hey Chill

>(or in .Clueless's case - Satan)

I haven't lost yet! I was lighting the fire to keep the "S" dude out, remember!

:p

.Clueless

ambasluv
10-12-2002, 01:29 PM
Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my Christmas present will be finishing the Christmas special for my website. WARNING: IMMINENT BLATANT PLUG, AVERT GAZE IF EASILY OFFENDED BY SUCH OBVIOUS ADVERTISING.

Check it out at www.brenandjon.50g.com

END OF BLATANT PLUG

Other than that, I'm dying for every Xbox owner to find that the y2k3 bug kills them off. Can you tell I'm a PS2 fan?

Synchronised_Thoughts
10-12-2002, 01:33 PM
PS2 is not even in the same league as the XBox man:p
im mhoping for one of the at christmas!!

Synchronised_Thoughts

Chilling_Silence
10-12-2002, 01:42 PM
But your better half wants you to wait and greet him with a beer and stuff... she hoping to be keeping out of the netherworlds for a while?

Either that or maybe that little bit extra this christmas, like some more beer to give the other "S" when he comes ;)

Okay, now this is going a little OT.

I actually dont need anything PC-Wise this year, maybe a 25 meters Network Cable...

I want boxer shorts!

yang11
10-12-2002, 02:28 PM
prolly buy something second hand and cheap.
and setup my home ftp/web/squid.

Graham L
10-12-2002, 04:33 PM
I'd like the "free mobility pack" beside the Compaq TC1000 tablet which is being advertised here. ]:) She looks to be worth more than $675, though. :D

honeylaser
10-12-2002, 05:36 PM
> I'd like the "free mobility pack" beside the Compaq
> TC1000 tablet which is being advertised here. ]:)
> She looks to be worth more than $675, though. :D

*snort*
Bet she's gay... ;\ :p ;) ;\ :p ;) ;\ :p ;) ;\ :p ;) ;\ :p ;)

katt
10-12-2002, 07:11 PM
This year i have all my fingers and toes crossed for Santa and his Elves to magic me up a fully sealed driveway with parking pad. :D It would make rushing inside to my beloved PC so much faster ;)

Katt

Susan B
10-12-2002, 07:52 PM
>> I'd like the "free mobility pack"

You're a bit young for a mobility scooter yet, aren't you...? :D

rolly
10-12-2002, 09:25 PM
A larger hard drive so I can partition it, install Linux and dual boot with Windows.

-=JM=-
19-12-2002, 07:51 PM
Well I want a Segway (http://www.segway.com)

agent
19-12-2002, 10:34 PM
My wishlist could fill an entire page, so I'll keep it to what I know I'm getting: music and money.

robo
20-12-2002, 05:56 PM
I'd like a PressF1 t-shirt. :^O

And a web site that doesn't crash. :^O:^O

robo.

Chilling_Silence
20-12-2002, 06:15 PM
> I'd like a PressF1 t-shirt. :^O
>

I think you might be able to get one of those for christmas

> And a web site that doesn't crash. :^O:^O
>

Now - come on robo, Dont ask the impossible of santa ;)

Just kidding y'all!

Merry Christmas