PDA

View Full Version : Delphi 7 Personal on Dec/Jan 2003 PC World

Dolby Digital
04-12-2002, 08:55 PM
First of all, thanks to PC World for putting Delphi 7 Personal on the cd. I have a comment though. In the list of cd contents it says "Free, full version. Worth $236 incl GST!". If I was paying $236 for software, I would expect to be able to distribute the applications. But the licence which comes with this version doesn't allow you to distribute any applications you create. PC Plus magazine (british) do a similar thing i.e. say something like 480 (pounds) of software (big font etc) but, again, you can't distribute any resulting applications. I feel this is misleading.
In the case of Delphi 6 Personal, it was a free download which you had to register to be able to use it (exactly the same as the Delphi 7 Personal Process).

I have purchased an Australian magazine with a cd, where the software (worth $A59) was a "full" version which allowed you to distribute the resulting applications.

TicToc
12-12-2002, 07:06 PM
"...the licence which comes with this version doesn't allow you to distribute any applications you create..."

Where does it say that? (And don't just say "in the license"!) A paragraph number would help.