PDA

View Full Version : right mouse click

bpt1
02-12-2002, 10:41 PM
How can I set the context menu (add or delete options) for the right mouse click?

Billy T
02-12-2002, 11:18 PM
What mouse and what OS?

Options vary according to those minor details. You get targeted advice if you supply targeted information. Otherwise it's guess work.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :|

Jen C
02-12-2002, 11:22 PM
Well you can easily change the list in the right click "send to" drop down by going to C:\WINDOWS\Sendto and adding or removing the appropriate shortcut .... but I am not sure if this is what you wanted?

Can you give a example of what you want to add/remove?

Cheers
Jen

parry
03-12-2002, 07:17 AM
Hi, as Billy says youll need to be more specific.

Context menus change dependent upon where you are. For example, the context menu within Excel allows me to insert row etc, while the context menu when Im in Windows Explorer allows me to cut,copy paste etc

Ive added context menus before for such things as opening a selected picture in another image editing program besides the default. These sort of things are easily done using the File Associations (Tools-Folder Options-File Types) then adding another action. The action will point to the path of the application to open etc.

You can also make amedments in the registry if you know the values.

Post back with more details including what application you are in and what items you are wanting to add/delete :-)

bpt1
03-12-2002, 11:47 AM
Sorry I was not very clear. I'm using Windows 98 and used to have AVG antivirus scan in the context menu in Windows Explorer. Somehow this disappeared and I also have a heap of other stuff I don't want. I know how to change the Send To list, it's the rest I want to change.

godfather
03-12-2002, 12:11 PM
http://www.jfitz.com/tips/rclick_custom.html

bpt1
03-12-2002, 12:29 PM
Great Stuff, thanks.

Greg S
03-12-2002, 07:28 PM
Hi. The little programme TweakUI can help with the right-click "new" options. Some lil bugger programmes are resistant at time to it, but normally it works fine. Do a search of PressF1 to find more info on where/how to get it.