PDA

View Full Version : Flatscreen LCD Monitors

vk_dre
02-12-2002, 08:58 PM
now, i would like 2know wehter or not all flatscreen LCD monitors have a video input component like tvs, so that i could play my ps2 on the lcd monitor as well as use it for the pc. I know this is possible because there are very expenisve flatscreen lcds monitors that can do this, but more cheaper ones can't. Wot would be the suggested flatscreen lcd monitor, a reliable brand (e.g. Philips) and the price limit within $500-$800 that can do this video input feature. Thanks in advacne to all who answer this post. :)

cheers,
v.K

godfather
02-12-2002, 09:22 PM
I have 3 types of LCD monitors. 2 have DVI inputs, all have analogue vga inputs, none have a composite video input.

They are HP, Philips and Viewsonic.

I have never seen one with AV in (which is what you are talking about I believe) however they are available now as a combined TV and monitor, these will likely have the AV input. About $1,500 - $2,000 I believe.

Prices are coming down, but even standard reasonable quality LCD's are still $850 + without this feature

Naraku Kasai
02-12-2002, 09:26 PM
Sorry to say it, but unless you're buying second hand you're pretty unlikely to find one in New Zealand for that price right now.
PS2 is better on the big screen anyway :)

vk_dre
03-12-2002, 06:28 AM
thanks guys, i think ur rite, i might as well stick to my plasma screen tv. :D

cheers,
v.K