PDA

View Full Version : Jetstream / Virtual Spectator

Greg S
02-12-2002, 06:50 PM
Hi. I've been considering getting VS. I have Jetstream 1000, and so was wondering if any F1'ers know how much bandwidth it uses?

Thx

Mike
02-12-2002, 07:20 PM
>>> I have Jetstream 1000

I didn't think your cap would be a problem cause VS is NZ based, so it's not an international download - aren't the Jetstream caps only on international traffic?

Mike.

Greg S
02-12-2002, 07:27 PM
I believe it's actually served via USA, which makes sense considering that's where there greatest audience is - either way it's only Jetstream Starter that's got free local bandwidth.

utopia
02-12-2002, 07:30 PM
> >>> I have Jetstream 1000
>
> I didn't think your cap would be a problem cause VS
> is NZ based, so it's not an international download -
> aren't the Jetstream caps only on international
> traffic?
>
> Mike.

Some Jetstream Starter ISPs only cap international access while some cap both National and International.

Fullspeed Jetstream is capped both National and International traffic.

falvrez
02-12-2002, 07:36 PM
It's a real bummer about JS being capped in international and national traffic. we have two sites both on the full JS (one is a 5 gig account) and of course users decide to email 10meg attachments to each other - 10 megs going out and 10 megs coming in again!
Will they every learn, no matter how many times I tell them...

Peter H
02-12-2002, 08:20 PM
Uses buggar all. I have used VS for all of the AC with no probs on a dial up modem. A few problems occur with firewalls & popup stoppers, but if you wan't to watch a previous race, the whole lot D/L's in about 5.00mins
Bye

Greg S
02-12-2002, 08:50 PM
An entire race downloaded in 5 minutes on dial-up? Ok, thx, that's the kinda idea I was hoping to get.
Cheerz.

wotz
02-12-2002, 09:41 PM
A fast connection to watch *yawn* paint *yawn* dry. Sorry :) I will now prepare to take the flack for watching the aussie v8's

Big John
02-12-2002, 10:16 PM
Humm, Full JetStream is not capped at all. You can download as much as you want regardless of plan. Infact applies to any plan.

What is capped however is JetStart and that is capped at 15KB/Sec

If you go over the monthly limit of course you pay through the nose but it still is not capped.

Naraku Kasai
02-12-2002, 10:24 PM
Full Jetstream is only capped by what the servers can handle I suppose..
When did Jetstart become capped though? My friend had that running for a while back when downloads were unlimited and I'm sure he went over 15kb/sec, then again a lot of things were different then.