PDA

View Full Version : XP Resolution change shortcut.

-=JM=-
02-12-2002, 09:58 AM
I find that I'm quite often changing resolution for one reason or another. So I'm wondering is there anyway to have a short cut to do it for you, is it stored in the registry somewhere.

Cheers

Mike
02-12-2002, 07:37 PM
>>> I find that I'm quite often changing resolution for one reason or
>>> another. So I'm wondering is there anyway to have a short cut to
>>> do it for you, is it stored in the registry somewhere.

Are you running an NVidia video card? If so then with the Detonator drivers there should be an option to display the NVidia icon in the system tray - I'm pretty sure you can change the resolution from there.

Mike.

ambasluv
02-12-2002, 08:31 PM
All I know is that I bought an HP Pavillion with XP on it, and in the bottom right corner of my screen, calling itself Intel(R) Graphics Technology, which lets me change modes and resolutions. If it's just Resolution you want to change and not the colour depth, back when I was a young boy (coupla weeks ago actually) there was a program called QuickRes. It was a little freeware program that you can probably find through the old abandonware sites, also try www.freewarehome.com They have all sorts of free programs for you to grab, and there's bound to be a util for what you want.
No I don't work for them,...

ambasluv
02-12-2002, 08:44 PM
Okay, found a link, apparently the 32-bit version of QuickRes is called MultiRes... Sounds flash, haven't tried it out myself, but here's a link anyways... http://www.entechtaiwan.com/files/multires.exe
Hope it's in English...

Susan B
03-12-2002, 07:44 AM
I remember receiving some information in my Daily Tips email about a little program that will do what you want but I can't find it at the moment..... if I kept it at all. There are bound to be plenty of them out there if you look.

-=JM=-
03-12-2002, 06:02 PM
Excellent that multires does the trick, thanks.