PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express and MSN!! HELP ME!

Brendonny
29-11-2002, 07:37 PM
I have a very big problem... and no for everyone who read my post from the other day my password hasn't been cracked!! The problem is that I use MSN and my parents use Outlook Express.
While they were checking their email today I noticed that my MSN contacts are in their address book!! HELP!!! They know my friends e-mail addresses!!
They don't update that often though. One of my friends has changed his name about 5 times since what the name is in the address book. I have MSN set so that it knows that it is a shared computer and it is set so it doesn't load up at Startup and can't run in the background so does anyone have any idea how I can fix this??

I would guess that I could just delete my contacts from their address book since they don't update with name changes. Would that work?? will they appear again?? One of the conditions that I got when I installed MSN was that it doesn't interfere with everyone else and so I could talk to my friends while I was recovering from surgery since I couldn't go to school.

Brendonny

Susan B
29-11-2002, 09:05 PM
Strange, I've never had any MSN contacts appear in my address book. Maybe you need to get rid of MSN things in OE - in Tools>Options>General there is a box for Automatically Logon to MSN - you could try taking out the tick in there if there is one.

I can't see any harm being done by removing your contacts from their address book and they shouldn't reappear in there so give it a go.

Danger
29-11-2002, 09:06 PM
Well I don't have this problem, can't remember all the procedures but it sounds like you need to create a new identity for yourself in Outlook Express and your own address book. Then only your contacts will appear in your own address book and your parents will have their contacts in theirs. Sorry I can't describe how exactly to set it up, but with a little playing around you should be able to work it out. First create a new email identity in OE for yourself, then using your email address create a new MSN Passport. Then create your own address book.

superOman
29-11-2002, 10:08 PM
Hi,
This happens to me.
Im really the only on who uses our computer, and seem to check my parents email so I just delete if they appear.
Usually only happens if I open outlook while running msn