PDA

View Full Version : Seriously OT: Best Washing Powder???

Lohsing
28-11-2002, 04:02 PM
Ok... am considering a change from my current washing powder, which shall remain nameless...

Any recommendations on which washing powder is best? You can categorise by "bang for buck" or "best results" etc...

Surely this can't turn into a flame war... ;) ...

Thanks in advance!

Lo.

Lohsing
28-11-2002, 04:07 PM
Oh and before I forget... how about a fabric softener too?? I hate it when shirts are clean but feel like they're made of cardboard...

Lo.

crozier
28-11-2002, 04:30 PM
Hold on.... I'll ask my wife when she comes in from hanging the washing out..... I'm sure we use washing powder 'cos I saw some in the shopping basket onece ;)

Susan B
28-11-2002, 04:47 PM
Are you serious? :O

You just left home or something? :D

OK, flame me if you want but Drive powder (either the normal one or the concentrated one) is my preference. Stock up when they're on special. ;-)

Fabric softener: pretty much any one will do but Cuddly is currently in my laundry.

For stain removal/pre-treatment of stains, soaking, etc I heard that Sard Wonder Laundry Soaker (in a yellow box) and Napisan Plus Laundry Soaker are the best. ;-)

BTW, if a woman catches a whiff of your fabric softener scent it's instant identification as "married" (or paired off) unless you're obviously young enough to be still living at home. ;-) :D

Clueless
28-11-2002, 05:01 PM
I use the same down to earth product for dishes hairwashing and laundry wash... great stuff and it must be enviromentally friendly cause it's got a dolphin on the bottle. I had to use a differant product for hand soap though. BTW whats "fabric softener"?

.Clueless

Heather P
28-11-2002, 05:08 PM
>>BTW whats "fabric softener"?

It's stuff that goes down into the sea and makes the fabric of the sea softer for dolphins. Don't you know ANYTHING?

Baldy
28-11-2002, 05:22 PM
> BTW, if a woman catches a whiff of your fabric
> softener scent it's instant identification as
> "married" (or paired off) unless you're obviously
> young enough to be still living at home. ;-) :D

Oh so thats the subject at Coffee morningd and hen parties. Won't ell you what the femal equivalent is though Susan hehehehe

BALDY:-)

Susan B
28-11-2002, 05:25 PM
>> Won't ell you what the femal equivalent is though Susan hehehehe

Too rude is it, Baldy? ;-)

Baldy
28-11-2002, 05:32 PM
No..................

Baldy
28-11-2002, 05:36 PM
I read in Consumer, that the best washing powder was the No Frills type brand.

I use anything thats on special. Any soap powder is preferable to beating the clothes against a rock.

BALDY:-)

Susan B
28-11-2002, 05:36 PM
Spill then..... I educated you...... :D

Clueless
28-11-2002, 05:37 PM
hmmm what i was thinking scares chicks away certainly was too wude for here... nevermind

.Clueless

Lohsing
28-11-2002, 07:38 PM
YES I'm serious... it was always Drive Vs Persil I guess... but then with Cold Power Surf, I wondered if it gave me any better results... always would go with the concentrated stuff though...

Hmmm... well, it'll come down to price now for sure... Cheers for the answers guys!

Lo.

Clueless
28-11-2002, 08:41 PM
This place just gets weirder all the time.

.Clueless

Babe Ruth
28-11-2002, 08:45 PM
Not as weird as ChatF1 ...

or is that wired.!!

Babe.

Susan B
28-11-2002, 08:56 PM
>> It only goes like that when you turn up.......

Susan B
28-11-2002, 09:01 PM
:8} I must learn not to do ten things at once....

>> Not as weird as ChatF1 ...

It only goes like that when you turn up....

Elephant
28-11-2002, 09:10 PM
"I use anything thats on special. Any soap powder is preferable to beating the clothes against a rock."

I do it the other way around....

Beat the Rock against the clothes... ( and pretend the clothes are my Boss. :-) )

333littledevil
28-11-2002, 09:57 PM
use your soap powder to wash your mind out after chatF!.
Project of the day is to promote M$ on chatF!
lLiam will praise you for it in his own special way :)

nz_liam
29-11-2002, 12:06 AM
>Project of the day is to promote M$ on chatF!
Arrrr my heart, losing consciousness, *just has time to type "/ban 333littledevil" into chatf1*, :faints:

BTW ChatF1 is powered by LINUX servers!

Cheers

Liam

Clueless
29-11-2002, 11:54 AM
Now i have a serious question for you all...

"Pearl Natural Sandalwood Soap" is no longer being stocked by Big fresh Moorhouse Ave Chch. Is there another shop that stocks it, preferably one that is walking distance from Phillipstown?

.Clueless