PDA

View Full Version : Paradise cable questions

cpar
28-11-2002, 07:50 AM
Hi all,

After a long time of humming and haa-ing, I've finally decided to play the "let's pretend I can afford it" game, and am looking at getting a Paradise cable connection.

Is anyone here able to offer an opinion either way on whether I should get the 128kbps or 256kbps plan? There's only 10 dollars between them. Also, while I'm aware that ADSL download times can vary quite a bit according to how busy they are, I don't know if this is also an issue with cable. Is the 128 or 256 speed relatively stable, or is it subject to overloading/slowdowns?

Any opinions, anecdotes, etc, gratefully received.

Thanks for all your help,

Craig

Clueless
28-11-2002, 11:14 AM
I personally recomend the 128k plan... basicly 128 is an OK speed (OK people will debate that) and allows 10 gig of international data.. so if you are a heavyish user (like me) you will stay just withing your limits, however with the better speed the data cap is d and well that could prove real expensive if you go over it
If i had the 256 plan my internet bill would be in the hundreds!

There is lots of things which allow me to d/load at full speed, even through kazaa and the like, and of course unless servers are busy every website can match the speed i can take data

I dread the time when i move from my current cave and my be forced onto dial up again.. this cable stuff is great!

.Clueless