PDA

View Full Version : sorry folks



tweak\'e
25-11-2002, 03:53 PM
apologies for the bad language earlier.

I'm not fond of those who cheat in online games,
however this is not the place to discuss it so i apologize for my rude behaviour.

Mark Veldhuizen
25-11-2002, 04:15 PM
its ok, and i think people who use aimbots r rather lame and to excuse it as "practise" is silly because it does it for u...u dont learn anything, in fact it hinders your skill dramatically

Baldy
25-11-2002, 05:28 PM
> apologies for the bad language earlier.
>
> I'm not fond of those who cheat in online games,
> however this is not the place to discuss it so i
> apologize for my rude behaviour.

No offence taken tweak'e - nothing wrong with blowing your cool every now and again. Everyone should do it.

The thing I hate about online games is when you are winning, the other person just goes off-line. THAT gives me the screaming heebeegeebees!

BALDY:-)

robo
25-11-2002, 06:39 PM
Oooh, Tweak'e, what did you say? what'd I miss?
Swearing and sarcasm are the last resorts of the incompetent. Wish I could follow that sometimes in the offline world.
robo.

Elephant
25-11-2002, 09:59 PM
>The thing I hate about online games is when you are winning, the >other person just goes off-line. THAT gives me the screaming >heebeegeebees!

Online Chess gives me that problem.

I just chalk it up as a win. You can resign in Chess but it is usually polite to say, "I resign."

You can resign by tipping over your King. That is also polite.

Picking up the board and throwing across the room is a lot LESS polite but I guess you would get the point across. :-)

Susan B
25-11-2002, 10:48 PM
>>Picking up the board and throwing across the room is a lot LESS polite but I guess you would get the point across.

It's very therapeutic though. :D

Baldy
25-11-2002, 11:28 PM
> >>Picking up the board and throwing across the room
> is a lot LESS polite but I guess you would get the
> point across.
>
> It's very therapeutic though. :D

Who for...... The winner or the looser? I take it that you have done it on more than one occasion Susan LOL

Susan B
26-11-2002, 08:09 AM
>>I take it that you have done it on more than one occasion Susan LOL

Who, me?? :O

Oh come on Baldy, I don't have a temper! Besides, I can't play chess.... :p :D

Jams
26-11-2002, 09:38 AM
Hi mark..

i can't help but think this thread is or has turned into a personal attack on me, for wanting to use an aimbot!.

Mark: please dont call me lame, u have no idea who i am or what im like so you have no right to insult me.

And you guyz were askin me to lighten up!, your the ones havin a nervous breakdown about me askin for an Aimbot.

im sorry bruce, i am not that kinda person who walks away from things,it doesnt work, i learnt that in Secondary School.

the guy who told me it can enhance your skill was an owner and operator of a well known Cyber cafe i wellington so i think he has more experience in that feild than you!.

Lifes to short to walk away! :)

Jams
26-11-2002, 09:42 AM
Baldy.

why are you saying "no offence taken". You werent the one that was insulted!

Biggles
26-11-2002, 10:06 AM
>the guy who told me it can enhance your skill was an owner and operator of a well known Cyber cafe i wellington so i think he has more experience in that feild than you!.


Jams, I think he must have been speaking about standard bots, not an aimbot - there's a difference. It sounds like what he meant was something like realbot for CS, which let's you play by yourself with the rest of the "players" being bots. We do that at work all the time. We run a Day of Defeat server which has 12 bots running around all the time and we then play with 4 or 5 humans joining the mix. Lots of fun and yes, since the bots tend to react very fast you do learn to aim and shoot quickly to counter them.

An "aimbot" on the other hand is a cheat that takes care of the aiming for you. You just point and click and it will put the bullet in the enemy's head every time. There are few things in life more annoying than joining an online game where one or more people is using something like this to cheat. Huge (and I mean huge) amounts of human effort have gone into developing anti-cheat messures for HL-based games in the past 4 years. So when you said "aimbot" it was like a red flag to a bull to anyone who has ever seen someone cheating in an online game.

An "aimbot" will NOT improve your skills. You learn nothing from an aimbot, it is purely and simply a cheat.

It sounds like this whole thing may have been a misunderstanding based on the inappropriate use of the word "aimbot". If not, then I suggest that the guy who told you it would improve your game doesn't know what he's talking about.

~qwerty
26-11-2002, 10:29 AM
As for aimbots, wallhacks and other methods of cheating that goes online is just not on. I've given up playing CS because of all the *censored* that has gone on there. The game is no fun now. Pure skill isn't an option if you want to be good. Everyone has to use an aimbot just to compete.

Even if you download aimbots to use on your own LAN it's only a minute or so when you think you'll be cool and use it online. I just hope that these Anticheats improve and that people who cheat will not be returning. If you do intend to cheat in CS then be prepared to have more CD Keys handy.

Mike
26-11-2002, 10:31 AM
Jams,

I think you might have taken what tweak'e said the wrong way. What I understood was that if you were wanting to use it as a cheat, then go jump... but if you weren't after that type of bot, then he gave you a link for where to look. I did'nt really see any insult directed at you, it was more a general tweak'e opinion of people who use the type of bot you asked for - and he did add a link for other bots if those were what you were really after.

Mike.

robo
26-11-2002, 10:41 AM
Jams
He knew he didn't react as should have. He's apologised. He's clarified what he meant. Short of sending you a pound of flesh in the post, I don't think he can do any more. I am sure he bears you no ill-will, and I hope you feel the same about him. Everyone can let off steam about something that is important to them now and then, the trick is to not make someone feel like a victim.

I hate the way that emails and postings have a tendency to get more serious than the spoken word.

I think we should all let go and move along.

"nothing to see here folks, cows catch fire spontaneously every day"

robo.

crozier
26-11-2002, 10:53 AM
> why are you saying "no offence taken". You werent the one that was insulted!

James, yes you were the one who was insulted. However, we were all (most?) offended by his reaction to your post, and your counter-reaction to that. You don't seem to understand that most people are upset about the prospect of cheating, it's not a personal attack on _you_ but an attack on the concept that your seemed to be proposing.

I suggest that you walk away from this one. I believe that you made an honest mistake but now your just digging a hole for yourself. It's a shame that kids are learning to not walk away from an argument at school these day - sometimes it's good policy to 'pull your head in'.

If you want to act like a kid in a secondary schoolyard then go back there. If you act like an adult then you'll find that everyone on PressF1 will treat you like one.

What's done is done, history, over, finished. Build a bridge and get over it!

robo
26-11-2002, 11:00 AM
Oh, man. crozier - do you think putting it this way is going to help?

I am sure you mean well, but we all have to let it go.

Jams, crozier is right, but perhaps not as diplomatic as I would have been. Don't take his comment the wrong way.

I have a feeling this thread is in danger of needing to be locked down. Perhaps we can test our collective level-headedness and see if it survives.

robo.

Baldy
26-11-2002, 11:02 AM
> Baldy.
>
> why are you saying "no offence taken". You werent the
> one that was insulted!
>
>
>

Hi Jams,

I was just saying to tweak'e that I wasn't offended by the post that got locked. If you had written a follow-up, I would have said the same thing to you also.

BALDY:-)

Don't :-( Be :-)