PDA

View Full Version : Different logon's for computer

asdex
25-11-2002, 12:32 PM
Hi, I want to have a different log on password for me and the others. The windows password logon doesn't work very well as they seem to be tied together in areas eg if you change settings in one it effects the other. Also you can still access files in window explorer of both logins. Is there a program that gives a different logon password to a number of people which completely separates the settings, harddrive, etc. access out?
Thanks
asdex

SKT174
25-11-2002, 12:40 PM
change to Win 2K or XP :)

tweak\'e
25-11-2002, 12:42 PM
multi user in win9x/me is not very good. as already mentioned the best thing is to use w2k or XP

Synchronised_Thoughts
25-11-2002, 01:51 PM
I was jut wondering if there is a site that you can download differant backgrounds for the log-in screen for XP?

The standard background is rather boring and needs a bit of a new look!!!

If any one could help pleaz

Thanx

Synchronised_Thoughts

Synchronised_Thoughts
25-11-2002, 02:59 PM
Can anyone help me with this or not??? ive found one site that helped me out a little bit but was no good!!~

Thanx!

Synchronised_thoughts

asdex
26-11-2002, 12:19 PM
Well thats fine if I want to change OS but I don't.
Thanks anyway
asdex

crozier
26-11-2002, 12:33 PM
Perhaps you sould start a thread asking this, rather than doing it an an unrelated thread :)

Susan B
26-11-2002, 03:13 PM
>> I was jut wondering if there is a site that you can download differant backgrounds for the log-in screen for XP?

There was a discussion on this fairly recently - do a search on the forum for that subject with the username "Graham Petrie" or "csinclair" and you should find it.

crozier
26-11-2002, 03:30 PM
How about 2 installations of the same OS and duel booting. You can the hide each installation form the other.

asdex
27-11-2002, 12:03 PM
Now that sounds like a good idea. I might look into that. I could set up Win 98 from scatch take a Ghost copy or some such and install it on another partition.
Any ideas on that?
Thanks,
asdex

tweak\'e
27-11-2002, 12:09 PM
i know of someone who has that set up. unfortunatly each os have full access to the other partition so its really easy for the kids/others to access and ruin data on the other partition.

i'm not sure on how but the only way to get around that would be to hide the other partition so the os/apps don't know its there.

asdex
27-11-2002, 12:14 PM
Thanks for that. I have found some information that I will have to read thru: http://tweakhomepc.virtualave.net/dualboot/dualboots.html
asdex

crozier
27-11-2002, 12:50 PM
Boot Magic is part of Partition Magic, but might be available seperatly. It lets you hide each partition from the other. I have 3 partitions: Win ME, Win XP and Shared. Each OS can see Shared partition, but not the other OS partitions