PDA

View Full Version : colour inkjet printers capable to print out white colours

farnell_mark
24-11-2002, 07:33 PM
Hi!

I am looking for a colour inkjet printer capable to print WHITE letters onto BLACK PAPERS OR TRANSPARENT FILMS. Does such a printer exist in the general market? If it does exist, where should I go to buy it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,
Mark

Mike
24-11-2002, 07:43 PM
>>> Does such a printer exist in the general market?

I doubt one would exist in the general consumer market, although there may be something available in the commercial/professional market, but if there is, it's likely to be expensive.

Mike.

Billy T
24-11-2002, 07:56 PM
Sorry FM

Inkjet printers use additive colour mixing and all colours add together to produce black. White would be an absence of any ink and can only be produced on paper or transparency by printing the background all black. The white text is then produced by an absence of ink where the letters are. Most if not all printing programs allow the selection of white text.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by transparent film, but if you think about it, white print would be invisible on an OHP.

A laser printer could fuse white toner on to black paper or transparent film but I don't know if such an exotic option exists.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Graham L
25-11-2002, 02:47 PM
You might be able to get this result by photographic means. A contact print from a black on transparency will give white on black. Might cost a bit these days. :-(