PDA

View Full Version : user account 2

johnboy
24-11-2002, 12:18 PM
I have made my self a new user account and after i enter my pass word it starts to load then says
Windows cannot load the users profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system..
detail
The system has attempted to load or restore a file to the registry but the specific file is not in the registry , but the specified file is not in a registry file formatt..... then it finishes loading ...

Also when a page loads it is small size and i have to maximize it every time in the old account the pages were maximised all the time ?? can i fix these

Babe Ruth
24-11-2002, 03:45 PM
Johnboy,

My guess is you created a username which has a space (or a backspace) character as the last character at the end of your username, this means that setup creates an incomplete user profile in %SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\Username folder.
You will continue to have problems with this account and my advice is to remove the computer account in question and create a new user account without spaces/backspaces.

Cheers, Babe.

johnboy
24-11-2002, 05:33 PM
thanks worked a treat as usual..

Babe Ruth
24-11-2002, 05:55 PM
Johnboy, No problem...

Cheers, Babe. (Hey I made it to 700. Now at this rate in 14.5 months I'll make hmmm 3000... oh well back to work)

johnboy
24-11-2002, 06:28 PM
The way i'm going i'll catch you up just asking questions.. :) :)
good on the 700